buy terragen

Started by Viktim, January 12, 2010, 09:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viktim

Hello

My brother recently bought Terragen 2 deep for me. In the email i received it said that "this file is registered to (my brothers name)" I must remind you that this keyfile is for your own use only, and you must not distribute it to anyone else"

Does this mean i cant use it?

FrankB

Can't speak for Planetside, but I doubt Planetside cares much about the route of the financial transaction. In the end, it is probably very typical for commercial customers, that the procurement department orders licenses for the creative department, for example, in which case the person putting in the order is not the end user of the product.
I guess it's safe to assume that the true meaning of this message is, that only one person is licensed to use this key, and that you are not to distribute the key to anyone else.
It would not be ok if both you and your brother are using this key.

That's how I would interprete it. You will have to wait for the explanation by a Planetside offical though, to be safe.

Frank

inkydigit

I guess a short email to PS, explaining the situation, and voila!...your name will be the registered one that appears at start up intead of your bro's?

Viktim

Was worried about the rights when it comes to commercial stuffs(wouldn't even bother to ask here on the forum if i knew i was going to use it as a "hobby" only)  just wanted to get it clear

And im the only one who is going to use it(the only thing my brother knows about terragen is that you can make landscapes with it)

Henry Blewer

Congratulations on getting a really hot piece of software!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Viktim

Thanks njeneb!:D beyond terragen2deep+animation i also have 1300xfrog plants:D  Now im just waiting for my other brother to buy me a new i7 computer so i can start render!!!(sitting on a laptop atm)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Viktim on January 12, 2010, 11:47:20 AM
Now im just waiting for my other brother to buy me a new i7 computer so i can start render!!!(sitting on a laptop atm)

If you have more such brothers left ;) ;D

Viktim

hahha well its to bad because they are the only one i have. Otherwise i would share one ;)

Henry Blewer

LOL, I was thinking it would be a great time for your brother to adopt me. ;D
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Oshyan

Frank's interpretation is essentially correct - the language is intended to say that the owner of the key may not redistribute it. In this case you are the correct owner, so you should just email us at registrations AT planetside.co.uk to request a name change for the key file. Be sure to include the original purchase info and registration name.

P.S. I agree, some great brothers you have! ;D

- Oshyan

Viktim

Ok thanks for the quick help:)