Elysium

Started by EoinArmstrong, January 17, 2010, 01:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EoinArmstrong

Just testing Walli's grass (plus 2 of xfrog's ground coverages).  I liked the clouds so I thought I'd post :)

.9 quality, AA 8, hundreds of thousands of uinstances and no crashes - yay!

TheBlackHole

Judging by the image and its title, I'd say it might be the view from the surface of terra(gen)formed Mars. Nice clouds BTW. Please, PLEASE post the TGD! ;)
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

dlefik2008

wow, what an awesome shot. if i didn't know you did it in terragen, i'd swear it was darn close to a photo. i can't nitpick as far as i'm concerned. again, good job!  :)

Dune

Great image and terrific clouds! But I'd raise your POV a bit.

schmeerlap

Very nice scene, and I like those airy light clouds. I've noticed on a few occasions when I've strayed far from the 0,0 co-ordinates of the home planet that a small measure of banking is evident, and have to adjust the banking to get my horizon true again.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

inkydigit

idyllic scene Eoin, and ta John for that tidbit on banking!

EoinArmstrong

@John - thanks for the tip
@Dune - hehe, the PoV is so low to disguise the fact that the grass pop, although dense, is small in area :)

Henry Blewer

Very awesome render. I would not change anything.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Matt

Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Thelby

Only thing missing in this is a jackrabbit sitting off to the right of the camera about 15 meters away!!! Nice work!!!

TheBlackHole

They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Matt

Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

MacGyver

Quote from: Matt on January 17, 2010, 11:59:46 AM
Hi TBH,

Alternatively:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elysium

@all: is this the place you see in the dreamy scenes in the movie "Gladiator"? Nice scene, beautiful fluffy clouds! :)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine