Digital Terrain Model from Mars Reconaissance Orbiter

Started by MF_Erwan, January 22, 2010, 03:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariel DK

I think there is a loose end here, and I would not create a new thread to find out: finally, V3.2 can read these data DTM??
I meant, without use any other aplication...
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

Oshyan

TG has been able to read most IMG files since the release of TG 3.0. 3.3.04.0 is the latest version. The free version supports DEM data loading, so give it a try with the files you're wondering about and see if it works.

- Oshyan

Ariel DK

I supposed if V3.2 can load, also must to do V3.3
unfortunately TG crashed after to show me a Warning message
any idea?

Oshyan

What did the warning message say? Did it crash immediately afterward? What was the data you were trying to load?

- Oshyan

Ariel DK

Hello Oshyan, I'm so sorry for the delay, but I could not come here recently
I honestly don't remember what the error message said (as well after 5 minutes I cant find the file to test again),
but yes, crashed immediately after to load the default IMG file that you download from HiRISE, after that, I don't back again to this...
buuut, as this thread can be useful to someone in the future, here I am... late but sure ;)

Oshyan

Do you know how big the file was? How much RAM do you have?

- Oshyan

Ariel DK

Hi Oshyan

is about 205 MB. I have 8 GB RAM. It should be enough, or it's not?

Oshyan

Well, the size of the file on disk is not necessarily the same as the amount of memory used. I'd be curious to see Task Manager memory use data when you attempt to load it. But if you've moved on, that's OK. It will be reported again if it's a notable issue.

- Oshyan