Morning - Update

Started by GioMez, January 26, 2010, 05:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Very nice work. Great natural lighting and vivid colors, like it!

Quote from: FrankB on January 26, 2010, 06:21:00 PM
great lighting in this!
Personally, I absolutely love the white mouse ear flowers, because they just go SO well together with the green grasses!
I think there may be something strange going on with the DOF, though, but I can't quite put my finger on it....

Cheers,
Frank

The strange thing about the DOF, to me, is that it "stops" quite abruptly at a certain point. But also, the blurring should be restricted more to the foreground as is now. Also a bit less stronger would make it more convincing perhaps.
Luckily enough you can easily experiment with this because you have your z-depth map.

Seth

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on January 27, 2010, 12:16:13 PM

The strange thing about the DOF, to me, is that it "stops" quite abruptly at a certain point.

that is a problem that you can notice even in photography with numeric cameras

Walli

very nice renders! About DOF - I think the strange feeling might come because of the "three layers". With the point of view and the terrain shape, we see more or less three layers, the space inbetween invisible. And that makes the DOF stop abruptly when changing rom one layer to the next.
I also think that would be similar when shot with a real camera.

dandelO

Nice. The DOF cut-off seems to be from the blur mask in Photoshop(or equivilent prog'), it seems it is just because of the gradient used in the image mask in postwork. I like the first one best, although the second makes just as much sense to me. Both cool, me likes! :)

MacGyver

Quote from: Gforce on January 26, 2010, 07:37:03 PM
Very beautiful, the colors are amazing. I even like the inverted dof too. 

Me too! :)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

ra

Mouthwash? We don't need no stinking mouthwash!! [MI2]
See what I see: www.earthlings.com
http://dinjai.deviantart.com

GioMez

Thank you all for your comments!
I'm trying to render it bigger, yesterday I upgraded my system to Windows 7 64bit: it might help!

For what concernes DOF I will render a new DOF mask with a bit more of antialiasing to see what happens. The plugin I used is probably not as powerful as the one inside PS.

Quote from: domdib on January 27, 2010, 10:46:40 AM
Beautiful - both versions. I particularly love the soil - how did you do that?

It consists in 4 layers: Base Color (with displacement), Fake stones (very little!) and 2 surface layers with displacement. I also played a lot with Intersect Underlying  ;D

GioMez

Update

1920x816
Detail 0,7
AA 7 (Narrow Cubic)
GI 3/3

Changed something in postprocessing, expecially DOF Mask and DOF effect.

Gannaingh

Dude! I am speechless, this is awesome! Definitely an inspiring piece, excellent work :)

MacGyver

The lighting in the sky is fantastic :)
What you wish to kindle in others must burn within yourself. - Augustine

FrankB

very nice scene, I like the darkened edges.

cheers,
Frank

TheBlackHole

You're on the verge of photorealism here. 8)
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?