DandelO , what happen ?

Started by Kadri, January 31, 2010, 10:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth

nope, just came back home after a good day watching fencing competition and I read this thread first...
didn't get the tgd...

Martin Reid

Hi, guys. Thanks for the concern at the hasty deletion of my profile.

There is no such trouble going on between myself and Martin(TU). None at all.
There is no such thing as 'the NWDA effect'. That is completely ridiculous.

I was yesterday involved in a discrepancy with another member at this, and another forum I used to have access to. This member shall remain nameless.
I was permanently banned from the other forum by this member. I was unable to retort, in any other fashion, than writing to them in here.
My(nastily written) post has since been sensibly deleted by staff here and I recieved a message from Planetside staff stating that 'we both were good contributors to the forums here and to just ignore this member so that more drastic actions need not be taken'.

A good contributor has more than 8 public appearances, and doesn't just pop in to rile up trouble, in a forum like this, in my book. So, I removed my contributions.

Again, there is NO SUCH THING as this 'NWDA effect', NO argument with Martin(TU). Sorry for this thread needing creating.

I can see why that has been thought of as a reason for my disappearance but, I assure you, I had posted back to Martin with the answers he asked about in the other thread. The masking of the water works and I was more than happy to demonstrate this. Which I did.

Seth

I hope you'll stay in here, dude !!!
I was so shocked that you deleted your account...
thanks for the explaination, I didn't read the previous messages between you and Martin but it sounds completely absurd to get away of the forum for any argument about a technique.

keep up man !
hey, this forum is very useful and nice place and It is always a pleasure to read your experiments and results.
Again, I hope you'll post again.

matrix2003

I apologize for any assumptions that I may have made.  From the tone and the suddenness, I thought you were really ticked off, and I thought I was defending your right to your own opinion.  Please accept that I fully deserve the stupid award of the day  :-\ .  My bad on the NWDA comment. Thought I was helping a mate at a tussle.  ;D  (shrinks away ...)
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

Kadri

Quote from: Martin Reid on January 31, 2010, 03:18:37 PM
A good contributor has more than 8 public appearances, and doesn't just pop in to rile up trouble, in a forum like this, in my book. So, I removed my contributions.

Thanks for the explanation Martin . I completely understand  your feelings (  i hope )  .
But wouldn't stating your feelings here on the forum not enough ?
But on the other side the topic would maybe going too much hot and be closed (have to be closed) ....
Hmmm though decision .

You have the right to do what you think is right .
But whatever the reason is , it is a shortcoming for not having you here .

Cheers.

Kadri.

Jack

I know what forum you got banned from and I know who it is  I have had massive trouble with him before
he is a tosser ;D he needs his ip banning from here because he is just a nasty piece of work.
and to be honest mate that site is dead you are one of the most respected members here bro, I have enormous respect for you and I have seen you evolve your skills over the years into one of the most talented members of the terragen community your grass and snow shader :o lol!!!

so come back man start fresh you have the backing of all us guys here i promise ;)
My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

domdib

Just joining the chorus - hope you'll stay, as you're one of the most helpful and creative types around. Plus it would be a shame to lose one of the few Scots here  ;).

buzzzzz1

Quote from: wetbanana on January 31, 2010, 05:01:39 PM
I know what forum you got banned from and I know who it is buzzzz and I have had massive trouble with him before
he is a tosser ;D he needs his ip banning from here because he is just a nasty piece of work.
and to be honest mate that site is dead you are one of the most respected members here bro, I have enormous respect for you and I have seen you evolve your skills over the years into one of the most talented members of the terragen community your grass and snow shader :o lol!!!

so come back man start fresh you have the backing of all us guys here i promise ;)

Appreciate it if you wouldn't include me in this conversation. I've been trying to keep a low profile, besides my Dog isn't in this fight.

But I will say: come on back Martin, you are an asset to the Forum and the "ignore message option" works very well.
XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

Jack

My terragen gallery:
http://wetbanana.deviantart.com/

Henry Blewer

I have been honored to share this forum with everyone here. I hope he does decide to renew and stay involved here. DandelO helps make the forum more of a home than just a place to post.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Oshyan

What happened is unfortunate and unnecessary. We all hope that we don't lose anyone's input as a result of this, but sometimes personality clashes can end this way. Hopefully everyone can put it in the past and learn to co-exist. If necessary we'll implement an "ignore member" function so you can entirely ignore people. I would prefer that to seeing these kinds of fights, the second one in the last couple months. I hope the people involved next time will simply choose to move on and be the bigger person.

Thread locked.

Thanks,

Oshyan