First one - Native American Country

Started by Aenea, February 22, 2007, 02:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aenea

Started to work on that piece three weeks ago....a learning by doing picture so to speak....
ANY suggestions welcome....especially to make it much more realistic looking!

ozijon

nice love it think maybe just the water a bit to unreal but the rest is great

Will

Nice, I agree about the water and maybe the snow cap on the mountan chould be less vertical (though I know this is a fractal bug) it would be nice if you could fix it but its not that vital.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

old_blaggard

Overall, I think this is a nice image, but you asked for critiques, so here's my personal opinion.  I  like your objects in the foreground, but I feel that they are a bit too small.  In this image, none of them seem to have any kind of substance or strength, so I think that making them just a little bigger (maybe more so along the x- and z-axes than the y-axis) as well as increasing their density would have helped.  Your trees look nice, although I don't really see why they would be so close to the water line when most of the plants can't get that far.  I like the idea of the stones, but try making them a different color.  You could also try making your sand area a fake stones layer and thus have individual grains of sand.  Your water looks nice, except it's maybe a bit too blue in the foreground.  Overall, I like the formations of the background terrain, but I feel that it's hard to get a sense of the scale of the image.  Thus, the mountain peak with snow on it can seem rather unrealistic.

Those are just nitpicky comments, though.  Nice image, overall :P.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

dhavalmistry

Very nice Aenea...just a tip tho....adding in more grass wouldnt hurt!
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

Dark Fire

I think the wierd vertical bit on top of the mountain would look good if you could get rid of the snow off the vertical bits...

Aenea

Thanks for all the wonderfull constructive critique....... :)
Go on please....it´s really challenging and an important input for me!

I changed a few things, the water, a bit grass, the fake stones shader....., I managed to get more farn appear after I fixed the mistakes....

Yeah, that´s the result so far, but I´m still working....

I tried to get the snow top different, but somehow it hasn´t worked...maybe I had to rise the snow border? As the vertical rifts of this mountain are given by the terrain I can´s change it....or is there a way I haven´t thought of???? Maybe the snow looks a bit better then?

Okay....here´s the next version of my picture....

old_blaggard

I like the foreground a lot more in this one.  Good job!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Dark Fire

The water looks much better in the second render...

Will

Quote from: Dark Fire on February 23, 2007, 12:25:43 PM

I agree, great job!

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

§ardine

Quote from: Dark Fire on February 23, 2007, 12:25:43 PM

I agree also. It even seems to have an illusion of transparency.
good job.

Aenea

Ohhhh, thanks a bunch for your kind response..... :D :D :D :D :D :D

I made some changes on the water using the luminosity.....a haven´t thought about this possibility before and voilá....this came out.....
When I´m done I share the tgd....but I have to make some changes to the flora and fauna first  ;D need some more trees and some flowers maybe....

Also I´m still dealing with this snow cap.....it really looks strange with that vertical underground of the mountain.....

Aenea