Fire in the sky!

Started by dhavalmistry, February 21, 2007, 08:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

Everybody RUN!!!!....the sky is on fire.... :D

here is the WIP. Just wanted to share so I can get your input(s) and make it better....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

The Geostation

Nice composition.   Have a go at using some grass jpegs to texture the grass.

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

dhavalmistry

yes as I said this is WIP but that isnt grass those are trees.... :)

old_blaggard

I really like the sky, although I wish the clouds were a bit brighter where they're dark.  Try increasing the atmosphere enviro light.  Also, if those are really trees, I would recommend allowing them to go closer to the water line - from our perspective, that's quite a distance.  You should also use textures.  Overall, though, I think this image has potential to be really stunning.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

dhavalmistry

I will see what I can do.....although I too think that the clouds are a bit on the darker side...

Dark Fire

That couldn't be grass because, if it was, it's too close to the shore to survive for long...

Great picture! I like it a lot...

groverwa

Gday

Very nice pic - the clouds do seem a bit dark - maybe raise the cloud height and see what effect you get - sometimes this effect in nature is relly dramatic and causes the underbelly of the cloud to glow

Mike   

sonshine777

You may want to add a second light source coming from the same direction only higher in the sky to help brighten the ground a little.  Turn off the shadows and visible light and turn the intensity down to about .5 and try going up and down until you get the desired effect.  Just a thought that has worked for me in the past.  :)

dhavalmistry

Quote from: sonshine777 on February 21, 2007, 09:14:12 PM
You may want to add a second light source coming from the same direction only higher in the sky to help brighten the ground a little.  Turn off the shadows and visible light and turn the intensity down to about .5 and try going up and down until you get the desired effect.  Just a thought that has worked for me in the past.  :)

Good idea....I was wondering how to inscrease lightning in that dark area on the ground....

Oshyan

You could also increase "Strength on surfaces" in the Enviro Light for a potentially more even, less fiddly result than using an additional light source.

- Oshyan