Asteroids, anyone?

Started by TheBlackHole, February 14, 2010, 09:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackHole

Four asteroid and explosion-related clipfiles.
asteroid-tbh.tgc - Just your average 12000 m diameter rock.
meteor-tbh.tgc - A molten asteroid. Need I say more?
explosion-tbh.tgc - An explosion cloud. Not sure how it looks by itself (designed around the meteor file). Remember to make a separate camera and put it where you want the explosion. It's sized for a nuke or asteroid impact.
impact-tbh.tgc - An asteroid impact. Instructions are in the file and are readable upon insertion. I've lost the impact twice and had to restart it both times, so make sure you give me credit if you use it.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

TheBlackHole

Two big rocks, one without strata, and one with.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

CCC

Nifty. Those can come in handy with just some more color variation.

Henry Blewer

They would make nice boulders also. Nice work!
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

TheBlackHole

One tip if you want to use the rock with strata: Remember that no matter how you rotate it, the strata will always face the same direction. This is because the strata are created with a stretched power fractal. If you crack open the rock nodes, you'll see nothing but power fractals!