First TG2 image

Started by Arandil, February 24, 2007, 03:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arandil

There's a number of fractal artifacts appearing in this one(have to adjust some shader noise in there somewhere I think), but what impresses me is how good just a handful of colors and a single fractal terrain can look in TG2.  Some of the fractal artifacts almost appear like manmade effects, it might be interesting to see if one could get distant roads and farms out of this effect.  I was actually going for something else entirely but ... oh blah di  ;)

old_blaggard

Nice job.  I like the perspective and the sense of space that you've managed to capture.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Will

I agree with old_blaggard, you have a great angle and captured the sence of "big".

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Arandil

Thanks for the encouragement!  I believe I've sussed how to clean up those fractal creases out of this image, after going through the in-depth section on Terrain & Water again.  I must've been too tired the first time I read through it, all I really need to do is put in a detail layer right after the main terrain node.  I'll see how that works out.

rcallicotte

Nice image.  It reminds me of an area we called The Flats when I was a boy.  It was an expansive area of mostly dirt with hills all around it.  A nice place to run a motorcycle.  Or find a coyote.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Dark Fire

It's wierd the way that some of those fractal lines make the picture look more real. Good job!