Imported Bryce .OBJ doesn't appear (bounding box is there though)

Started by warnerbrown, February 24, 2010, 04:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warnerbrown

I imported a simple rock mesh into TG2 which I exported as an OBJ. file from Bryce 5.5. the .mtl file is there also.
I see the rock's bounding box in the 3d preview. I trying scaling it up to no avail. It doesn't seem to be there. I'm new to TG2, so theirs probably a simple solution to this. Do you have any ideas? would really appreciate 

Also for experiments sake...I created a simple Disc object in TG2, it's set to visible/enabled, but I can't find it in the scene. It's listed as disc 01, all the settings are there. I've zoomed out/panned around and can't find it, or it's crosshairs.hmm

cyphyr

Theres no object preview of objects in TG, only the bounding box, so always check render first. The simple disk is loaded at 0,0,0 so its at ground level (or benieth your terrain). Make it much bigger to see it, 100m and raise it above the ground plane (100m ?) it should be visable.
RE Bryce. Is the an image map heightmap export option or a .ter exprot? Either would be preferable in most cases to an obj for terrain.
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

warnerbrown

Thanks for the helpful info Richard. I'm not sure if there is an image map heightmap export option, I'll give it a look.