Grass, Dirt and Rock Template

Started by MGebhart, February 19, 2010, 12:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MGebhart

Here is a starting template you can modify to meet you needs.

Marc
Marc Gebhart

folder

Henry Blewer

I have not had a chance to look at it yet. I've been working on a plateau/massif. The first test may be ready to post before I go to work at midnight.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

matrix2003

Thanks Marc.  I just jumped in for some inspiration, and there you are!  - Bill .
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

baizewizard

Hi Marc or anyone.....

Can you help a newbie?
I would like to use part of this scene in one of my own for the purposes of learning T2 but seem to have a snag.
I wanted to learn about saving and importing clip files. Some success in using some of DandelO's wonderful files and have learned to attach the nodes etc without problem there. (thanks DandelO!)

Here's what I tried:

I shift highlighted all ten nodes from "Mountain" downwards and saved as a clip file.
Then in my own scene I simply "insert clip file". However, nothing happens. What am I missing guys?
I sense another "D'oh!" moment.

Tim

Dune

Make a group (rightclick on empty space, make group), put all the nodes inside it, rightclick on the upper part and 'catch nodes'. Then with all still selected move your mouse down over the nodes, rightclick and 'save nodes as clip file'. It should then say; '9 nodes saved'. Or 2, 5, or 21 of course. More or less is this what you should do. If you then insert a clipfile and look it up, it should be there.

---Dune

MGebhart

Don't forget to attach the compute terrain node to the base colours input node of the shader tree.

Marc

Marc Gebhart

baizewizard

Thanks Guys

That's the way to do it.

Tim