The Giant is Watching

Started by Marcos Silveira, February 26, 2007, 08:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos Silveira

One of my images:[attach=#]

old_blaggard

Nice job, although the planet looks distorted in some way.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

fmtoffolo

the planet looks completely flat
My Terragenn site
www.cgworlds.com.ar

3DGuy

Indeed. Looks like it was added in photoshop. There's definately something odd about the lighting of the planet. If it's done in TG2, the projection type for the planet's image map shader might be set to through camera while you need spherical projection for the planet.

Marcos Silveira

I've noticed that, guys!!
The planet projection is set to through camera already, just don't know what happened, maybe there's something about the atmosphere, i think that the atmo is what really gives the sense of roundness and in the planet the haze was lowered a lot. We really can't see it!!! I'll check this out later.

Thanx Guys!!!! ;)

3DGuy

For the planet you need to use spherical projection. At least if you got a map that suited for it ;)

3DGuy

I did a similar thing in this image:
[attach=#]

You just have to make sure the coordinates of the imagemap match those of the planet. So first move your planet where you need it to be and then copy those coordinates into the image map shader.

dhavalmistry

Quote from: 3DGuy on February 27, 2007, 04:14:39 PM
I did a similar thing in this image:
[attach=#]

You just have to make sure the coordinates of the imagemap match those of the planet. So first move your planet where you need it to be and then copy those coordinates into the image map shader.

I am trying something similar...but its not working...does this technique work with sun being behind the planet?
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

3DGuy

Depends on what you're trying to do. With the sun behind the planet you'll not see the planet because the lit side is not visible. IOW, you'd be looking at the shadow side of the planet. If this is not what you're saying, what is the specific problem you're having? The texture not showing up?