Rectangular Noise

Started by Hetzen, March 09, 2010, 11:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Thanks Mogn!  I think that I can make the changes to the quilt based on your post, I will play with it today  8) Quite fun!
On the square a circle idea. Its is a little harder to visualize right now.
Have to play with this!

Quote:o
What do you think Ulco?! What do you see?
It has been eaten.

Dune

q/P^ = mod/5(v* , 2$PI/N2) and also; w = acos>=(q - PI/N) /- cos2(#PI/N)+/-/:multiply current x,z/b*acos by what.
Math is not my strongest point.

mogn

I use atan2(z,x) and adjust to get into the range 0..2PI, the angle beteen x-axis and the point.

Kadri

I feel like i am in the wrong forum :D

Seriously i wish i could work in that kind of approach.

TheBadger

Oh man. In way over my head. :-\
It has been eaten.

mogn

Using HSV colouring:

mogn

A variation, replace the first "Get position" by a tgc "swirl", which rotates the coordinate system by a random amount

choronr

Must be Planetside's secrete partner.

TheBadger

Sorry for asking a question Im probably supposed to know but Why can't I view the noise as it is shown in Mogn's Post in color in a view window? Can't make that work. And that is clearly the best way to view the results of changing Mogn's numbers.

Also, if anyone wants to post a TGD in the simplest way possible, that shows a way to attach the noise above to a terrain and get the results similar to Hetzen's images on Pg 2 that would be swell, because I now can't even explain how I had mogn's quilt working in the Utah thread.

I am obviously forgetting something basic, but cant see what it is.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Very simple. You can use the colors by themselves as well, using the convert colors nodes. The only thing I changed is replacing the get postion in geometry by a get position in texture, or you can't transform (or warp).

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

TheBadger

Mogn,

Would you be willing to take one more crack at this?
I think this will fix the issues I am having when using this noise on a terrain. Can you figure a way to give the sides of the displaced noise a slope of some degree?
[attach=1]
Something like this?

I am just guessing that this is possible. I was thinking that this is somehow doable through color or shades of grey? I know that the noises are represented in 2D. But can't color or grey values dictate the way the 2D is translated into 3D within the node network that you shared?

???

Thank you again. Hope you are not bored!
It has been eaten.

Hetzen

Here are the two scene files from the previous page attached below. They're a bit messy as they were only ever supposed to be doodles. So scales and application may not work for you Badger.

Cheers

mogn

@Badger: With centers of the Squares, construct 50*50 pyramids, and then cuts the heights to 1 meter. This creates a 1meter bevel mask.
Multiply the couloured Squares by this mask. Connect a colour (e.g red) and connect to the rightmost input of a display node.

Note that neighbours Squares are garantied different colours.

My solution comming up soon.

TheBadger

@Hetzen
Hey man! Thanks! Glad you saw this  :)

@mogn
Thanks again! I'm looking forward to your further instruction.

A side question:

I read in other posts that people can make their own nodes (programers), is it possible to take these noises you guys have made and make them a regular part of the noise options that TG comes with? So somehow get them to appear as an option just as the noises in the power fractals?

I also read in another post that noises can be copy protected and that is why we don't have some well known noises in TG (because someone owns them). But if you create your own as in this tread, even if the result is the same, but because you came to your final by an original means, does that make it new?

Just wondering if the square noises created in this thread could somehow be more integrated into TG as the veroni noise is, for example.

Don't mean to knock you off topic. Just curious about everything.
It has been eaten.