Trees for Terragen 2 is LIVE

Started by MGebhart, March 10, 2010, 02:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madman

Quote from: MGebhart on March 10, 2010, 02:39:23 PM
My free trees website is live. It is not fully populated yet but, It has the more popular downloads.

Check back now and then for updates.

http://web.me.com/marcgebhart1/Trees/Welcome.html

Don't forget to Bookmark.

Marc
Excuse me, how to use these trees?

DVA99

Download and use as an object alone or in populations.

If you don't know how to add models in TG2 to your scene:

Click on Objects - add object - object/population - pick Obj or Tgo (from MGebhart site probably tgo files) - browse to where you have your models - double click the model - now you see the model in your node list - place it on your terrain.

Otherwise you'll find hundreds of threads about this in this forum = use the search function.

Themodman101

This is a really great resource man, thanks for this :P

rcallicotte

Cool site.  Watching this spot!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

rcallicotte

How much longer for ProTrees?     ???

pixelpusher636

Loos like I've showed up too late for everything! The site is dead?
The more I use Terragen, the more I realize the world is not so small.

rcallicotte

I just noticed that too.  What is going on?

Upon Infinity

As I understand it, he was in the process of updating it with a new design and more material.  Not sure why he took the whole thing down, though.   :(

jaf

Kind of strange that just when I need some trees for a project, both this site and NWDA are down.  :-\
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Upon Infinity

Quote from: jaf on August 09, 2012, 10:08:47 PM
Kind of strange that just when I need some trees for a project, both this site and NWDA are down.  :-\

What files specifically were you looking for?  I have quite a few of them myself.  I may be able to send you some.  Of the free ones, of course.  All the ones I have from Gebhart were all free.  Obviously, I would not distribute the NWDA stuff (although I have yet to purchase any from them).

Upon Infinity

Quote from: jaf on August 09, 2012, 10:08:47 PM

Also, check out X-Frog's 130 free plants (google it).  They have some good stuff.  Not 130 distinct plants, however.  Much of it is different age stages of the plant, but certainly a welcome addition to a model library.

jaf

Ah, yes, I forgot about the free xfrog trees -- I'll check them out.

I need a juniper -- there are several types and I'm not sure of the exact name.  Probably see it after looking through the xfrog site.

My project is modeling two condo buildings and the current landscape.  Then we can change the landscaping.  The junipers go in the middle of the four "flower rings" in front of the buildings.  About 561,000 polys so far, all done by myself in Lightwave (including the palm trees.)  No real attempt at texturing yet. 
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Upon Infinity

Hmmm, I don't think Gebhart had any junipers on his site.  If he did, I didn't download them before the site disappeared.  It looks like Xfrog has a couple of models, and it appears one of them is available for free.  There are a couple of other variations you can purchase, but the free one (click on the link on the right) can be found here:

http://xfrog.com/product/X-44.html

By the way, how is lightwave for modelling?  Is it particularly easy to use?

masonspappy

Autodesk also has 96 xFrog plants that can be downloaded for free, and prickly juniper is among them. ( http://seek.autodesk.com/product/latest/agg/xfrog/xfrog-inc-greenworks-organic-software/ML07 ).  You'll need to check T's & C's to determine fair useage. I've never used them in anything but private use.

jaf

Quote from: UponInfinity on August 10, 2012, 02:18:57 PM
By the way, how is lightwave for modelling?  Is it particularly easy to use?

Lightwave is great, especially for hard surface modeling.  Combine it with the LWCAD plugin and it really shines for architectural modeling.  There's some nice examples here: http://www.wtools3d.com/gallery.php

I think it's easy to use, but it comes down to personnel preference.