Cumulosa

Started by dandelO, March 08, 2010, 12:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

QuoteDandelO , did you or some of you guys tried to place 2 of the same cloud settings each over themselves , with altering of just one of them a little ?
I think someone must have tried this .

Sorry, Kadri, should've replied earlier to this.

I have indeed tried that a long time ago, like you probably noticed, though, this adds greatly to render time, having two cloud layers doing the same areas.
It also makes the cloud twice as dense in appearance and settings must be tweaked in relation to each other to get a balance between both.

What I'm more interested in now(but I'll attempt your idea with this again, too) is applying a second density fractal, using the first fractal as it's blend shader, so it only appears where the main cloud already is.
I'd been attempting this to try and recreate some cumulus fractus type forms - The main cloud form has smaller scaled wisps around it's borders. The trouble I was finding there was that the main cloud layer also stretches the secondary, smaller fractal to the same heights as the first, maybe 2 layers of clouds would be better for this, I'm always playing with clouds, just, I never really get anything universally workable.

To quote Sir Marc of Gerbhart: 'Clouds are a *****!' :D

Kadri

I'm waiting for your results DandelO   :)

dandelO

Fractus is working now, Kadri. Still just one cloud layer. :)

I'm rendering different wisp factor comparison images just now. Post later.