Win7 where to put the license key?

Started by Mars Mug, March 14, 2010, 05:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mars Mug

Hi,

I've searched the forum for where to put the licence key in a Windows 7 install, installed for All Users if that makes a difference.

I may be a bit thick, but found nothing.

So an answer would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy

Matt

Hi Andy,

Copy your key into C:\Program Files (x86)\Planetside Software\Terragen 2 Deep Edition\

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Mars Mug

Excellent, thank you, I will try that when Coronation Street is on TV tonight.

Mars Mug

All working fine now, Coronation Street wasn't too bad either :)

PabloMack

Quote from: Matt on March 14, 2010, 08:25:17 PM
Copy your key into C:\Program Files (x86)\Planetside Software\Terragen 2 Deep Edition\

I did this same thing and it still complains that there is no key.  What worries me
is that the email said:  

"This keyfile is encoded to "<my name>" and is valid for registration of Terragen 0.9."

I do not remember anything in the installation procedure where it asked for this name.
Also, is Terragen 0.9 the current version of Terragen 2?  According to what I have
read on the forums, it should be at least 2.1

PG

Terragen 0.9 is the old version. It's a completely seperate product.
Figured out how to do clicky signatures

PabloMack

Quote from: PG on March 30, 2010, 12:42:00 PM
Terragen 0.9 is the old version. It's a completely seperate product.

Got an email from John McLusky.  It looks like support sent me the wrong key.  I am supposed to receive a new key but haven't yet.  Do you know if John is in the US or the UK?  This difference in time zone makes turn around slow. 

Oshyan

John is in the UK. Unfortunately only he can issue license keys, or I'd take care of it for you. I'll make sure he sends it as soon as he can though.

- Oshyan

PabloMack

Thanks Oshyan.  I have my XFrog key.  I can play with it until I get the TG2 key. 

jo

Hi,

Quote from: samsameer on October 04, 2010, 05:29:46 AM
I've searched the forum for where to put the licence key in a Windows 7 install, installed for All Users if that makes a difference.

I believe it should be the same place as mentioned above:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Planetside Software\Terragen 2 Deep Edition\

Sorry I can't be definitive, I'm mainly the Mac guy. That's where mine is installed though.

Regards,

Jo

airflamesred

Minnie Caldwell would have liked Terragen!

backlashforblow

Quote from: jo on October 04, 2010, 06:17:41 AM
Hi,

Quote from: samsameer on October 04, 2010, 05:29:46 AM

I believe it should be the same place as mentioned above:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Planetside Software\Terragen 2 Deep Edition\

Sorry I can't be definitive, I'm mainly the Mac guy. That's where mine is installed though.

Regards,

Jo

I'm far from a guru, but I'd try installing it again and do the key at the prompt. I hope if there is a better answer, or if this is wrong, somebody chimes in with a correction.

Henry Blewer

I just copy it from the 'program storage' directory to the program's directory.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: njeneb on July 13, 2011, 08:09:51 AM
I just copy it from the 'program storage' directory to the program's directory.

Exactly, just put it where tgd.exe andtgdcli.exe are.
Upon starting it will tell you it automatically moved the key to the appropriate folder in your my documents section.

At least, that's what happened to me in the 3 or 4 times I installed TG2 on a clean/new PC.