Renderosity TG2 challenge

Started by Markal, March 05, 2010, 10:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MGebhart

Marc Gebhart

choronr

Well, I think we all made our points ...nuff said! I guess I was wrong - the challenge has three parts; and, TG2 work can be entered. Although I think they could be a little more clear on their contest presentation.

pfrancke

I just wish I could make slutscale the dragon look more sexy...

Kadri

Quote from: pfrancke on March 08, 2010, 09:23:17 PM
I just wish I could make slutscale the dragon look more sexy...

Eee...I don't want to sound offensive to the others...but... LOL ;D

Kadri.

pfrancke

<grin>  Kadri,  you have a good heart, and a good sense of humor also!  Laughing is good, and one must always laugh at oneself first.  (damn that was corny, and only two beers in me).

FrankB

what? Is this thread not going on and on? Shame, it started quite promising ;)
It managed to carve a serious one-sided grin in my face, on the brink of bursting into laughter, and now you guys stop. How cruel ;)

Markal

Had it not been for Renderosity I would not have continued with my Terragen work. Yes, I saw simplistic artists with hundreds of other simplistic wanna-be artist friends going on and on about how beautiful the post was....which was shi%. Still, those few wonderful people who encouraged me...even when my work was sub-par helped me to try harder and I learned how to improve my technique. I've been to hundreds of art sites and I have yet to see much difference....yes there are some better, some worse....yet every site has friends and a "clique"....if your not in the clique...well, you know what happens. I'm here because you guys take this stuff serious....real serious.  Planetside seems more tilted toward the technical...which is fine...but techinical only goes so far....you must still have an artistic piece...would someone buy it for their home or office?....would you print the work and hang it in a highly visible place (Louvre or Smithsonian...hehe)?.....is it really liked by your peers? (only discerned by honest comments).
C'mon, TG2 is a super program....it should be showed off....EVERYWHERE!!! 
Renderosity averages over 2500 people online 24/7 (I know over half are simplistic wannabees, like me) still....I luv ya Planetside....but you don't have 100 online 24/7...
Now you know how I feel. I'm trying to get the word out on TG2.....help.
Peace!
Mark

Seth

come on... 2500 people online 24/7... that doesn't mean that these people look at TG2 renders, but they look at Poser nude stuff, be honest.
sorry to jump in but I don't consider myself as a shitty user of TG2 and yet my renders usually get between 80 to 200 views... and that is far less than in PS forums, than in my website, than in deviantart, etc... and shitty comments are just the normal thing there. "AWESOOOME 5+"
and yes i keep posting in RDR, as I post in a vast number of place. you're right in one thing : TG2 should be showed off everywhere

Markal

from dandelO:  I still won't enter, I've had it with that place and it's sickeningly crawling atmosphere. As have many a number of us here, too.
Plain and simple as that.

Yeah...Rero used to be a good Terragen site. I'll never forget the French exodus....all because of one user...ONE! I have been robbed of 99% of the wonderful French users images and all of the inspiration those images brought because of ONE user. Why and how did this ONE user have so much influence on so many Terragen artists...because they thought it was unfair he had so many comments on sub-par images and he had used others works in his images without approval. Boycot...ignore, don't post...we'll show them...show them what?...how a few users (losers) can WIN?... WOW...a few users have so much power. Why?....because you gave it to them.  In honesty all I can say is....cowards....run away...go, go....let a few bad users (losers) influence you so much that you must run and hide....oh, oh...not just one bad loser two...oh hundreds....sorry, even thousands don't scare me. True art will stand on its own merit and not on the comments of the simple minded users. You can find true artists at Rero with out looking too hard. Don't search the most commented or most favoritized....search the most viewed....you'll see some awesome art....unfortunatly, none of them are Terragen images.... Some of you here have the talent to be in the top images at Rero.....why not?....Because of the sickeningly crawling atmosphere...run away...go, go....hide away in your comfort zone...are you comfy?....TG2 should be up there....at all cost...even your pride.
Mark

Seth

True art ? hehe maybe in other categories but in the terragen gallery the huge majority of the renders i see there is only 3 clicks jobs without creativity. most of us are not artists you know... only tg2 users. and we are not PS employees so there is no duty for anybody :) i have a strange feeling of deja vu...

Seth

By the way, the french tg2 community is almost dead, and if you are talking about christianfly as a bad user... well i understand why you see so many great artists in rdr lol :) oh and if they cowardly left rero as you said it is not because they give power to anybody but because they really are friends and not only tg2 relatives. you can give your opinion on their jobs but calling people cowards seems a bit above your rights :)

dandelO

OK, I'll bite this hook, again. Since I've been drawn attention to.

Personally, I have only known 2 French TG'ers, one who is a regular member here and I believe is just above this post, unless someone posts in the meantime as I write. The other is Joel(Phylloxera), who, it so happens, I met at Renderosity. I got my most important comments from Joel while I was a user there, he isn't afraid to give you good, constructive criticism and won't lavish you with undue praise.

As for the member Christianfly, I've never spoken to him, although I'm aware of his work at Seth's other site Rendus 3D.
If there was any ill feelings from this user I, for one, am not aware of them. There was no Christianfly influence on my leaving the site, none whatsoever. Maybe this ONE user saw things just as I did while I was a member there, I've no idea.

My thoughts were clearly posted in the TG forum at Renderosity, they've no doubt since been removed along with my user account. I wasn't really a big forum poster over there, mainly stuck to the TG gallery section.
What was surprising was the number of other users who actually agreed with the final posts I made. I imagine most are still members to this day, though.

That wasn't the site for me, plain and simple. I can do without 20 one word comments all singing the same pathetic praises. Even if I deemed my images good myself.
Once I eventually tired of the 'sickly crawling atmosphere' and the pathetic 'works of art' that were recieving these comments, I made my case, publicly after failing to recieve any response in private to have my account deactivated. What I think drew the attention of Renderosity admin' to my want to quit was in fact the replies and such that were posted to the forum after my initial posting.
I could post here a list of users over there that I believe to be pitifully lacking in skills at all, yet I've witnessed page upon page of sucking replies to the most dismal of renderings, sometimes in excess of 5 pages of 'Bravo!' etc.

Shocking.

I'm no run-with-the-crowd-copycat and I certainly did not jump on any French Exodus bandwagon. My views of the site and its giant clique are my own. And I'm happy to state that anywhere you like.

As for the PS hardcore clique taking things very seriously. This is also true. I still would rather be a part of that and told that my newly uploaded finished article which I'm very happy with and such is 'nice but...' or, 'a good start' or, 'could have done this part better'. Doesn't it push you to actually make things better? It does me.

Sometimes you can't see the wood for the bravissimos, know what I mean?

+5 *****!

Oshyan

Of course as developers of an art application, we'd like to see TG2 get as much use and recognition as possible and have no prejudice for which site it's on. However I do think they would get more interest *in general* if there wasn't the odd line being drawn between TG2 and TG Classic contest entries. If TG Classic is good enough for the contests, then it should hold its own against TG2 images. If it's not "fair" for TG2 to run alongside TG Classic images, that must mean TG2 is better and should be adopted more widely. If TG2 is more difficult to learn due to being so different from TG Classic, those who have taken the time to learn it should be rewarded, not punished by being excluded. I had hoped that by now, with TG2 being a final, released product for nearly a year, they would have updated the rules.

- Oshyan

FrankB

That's a logical chain of arguments, Oshyan, I agree.

Regards,
Frank