Aarhg!

Started by kevnar, March 18, 2010, 09:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikita

I hope you all are aware that this is a gateway drug to obsessively double checking virtually everything all the time. ;)

Dune

What if you'd have a second render window (with large letters named TESTWINDOW), always attached to a second TESTcamera. You could fly all over, make small and large crop renders, and when everything is fine turn to your main camera and just render, no need to switch.

---Dune

Helinet

After 3 hours of rendering my picture was finally complete - exept SOMEONE forgot to check "Atmosphere visible"... :P And here we go again from the square one.

Henry Blewer

Sorry, I never uncheck that. Small test renders are great for checking lighting, and other things.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Helinet

Quote from: njeneb on March 20, 2010, 10:31:50 AM
Sorry, I never uncheck that. Small test renders are great for checking lighting, and other things.

Me neither - any more...

kevnar

I don't even bother with the atmosphere til the final render. As soon as I increase the samples, even the preview window takes 10 minutes to render full detail. :-(

Seth

Quote from: Helinet on March 20, 2010, 09:44:22 AM
After 3 hours of rendering my picture was finally complete - exept SOMEONE forgot to check "Atmosphere visible"... :P And here we go again from the square one.

lol !!!

jaf

Quote from: kevnar on March 19, 2010, 10:41:30 PM
Quote from: jaf on March 19, 2010, 09:11:50 PM
... or maybe simply make the button "blink" to gain attention.

No. I can see the blinking getting annoying after about 2 minutes. What you want is an interface that doesn't distract from the preview window and node network. Maybe just have the button background turn red when the camera moves but not blink, but I can still see someone (me) forgetting to click it.

Ah, that's the problem..... You're concentrating on the Preview Window or the Node Network too much! :D
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

MGebhart

Marc Gebhart