Fake Stones Color.

Started by choronr, December 14, 2009, 12:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

QuoteThe distribution shader must be fed by the last compute terrain to become aware of the terrain and its slopes.

I never attach the distri shader to any compute, and it seems to work anyway. Doesn't it automatically read slopes, etc? I can imagine it doesn't read refinements after the first/main compute terrain, though.

---Dune

Kevin F

Hi,
The white is coming from one (or all) of the power fractal surface shaders of your stones (PF Sc5 etc.). I changed the grey values to brown and the white "problem" disappears.
Hope this helps.

choronr

Quote from: Kevin F on March 22, 2010, 05:05:30 AM
Hi,
The white is coming from one (or all) of the power fractal surface shaders of your stones (PF Sc5 etc.). I changed the grey values to brown and the white "problem" disappears.
Hope this helps.
Thanks Keviin, I appreciate your looking at the file. Strange thing about the power fractals; I once created a modified clip file of the stones after completing another picture. They were of a color combination that I figured would look good here in this new scene. To my surprise, all four of the different sizes of stones were all colored gray even though I had not changed a thing. I adjusted the largest one to the color I wanted to use on this new image and it still looked like 'white' areas were appearing. I didn't change the other sizes which I will do now and see what happens. I guess the ones I didn't change is the issue. Thanks again; and, I'll get back with the results.

Bob