Making a Skybox

Started by ElectricMainline, April 06, 2010, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricMainline

Hi,

This is the first time I've used Terragen 2 (I have never used Terragen 1), and I am trying to make a skybox for a game I'm making in Unity.

What I've done so far is set a camera at the height I want it, set up the clouds, and then rendered an image. I've then rotated the camera 90 degrees, and rendered another image. I did this for all four sides of my skybox and then pointed the camera directly upwards for the fifth image.

However: None of the images fit together! I assumed it would generate the clouds and they would stay the same for each render, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Whilst the images look similar they are completely random and do not fit together.

Is there a way of rendering 5 angles of the same image in order to make sure they fit together?

Thanks

gregsandor

You've done it right, except I suspect that your camera is not set to 90 degree field of view.  Check that.

Kadri

This topic is about Panoramas for HDRi but can maybe help . Try a search on the forum , there are other topics too here (cube maps ,360 degree etc. ) .
If you have TG2 with animation maybe you are making an animation (or some settings are animated ) without knowing (thus the seemingly random pictures) .
Just a thought . Maybe your problem is another thing . If you can not solve your problem post your TGD  here . If it possible  of course.

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=9192.0

ElectricMainline

Thanks for your help, yeah I just needed to change the viewing angle to 90 degrees.

Cheers :)

TheBlackHole

And once you've set the FOV to 90, set the render size to 512x512 or something like that.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?