Top Five ways to know you're a Terragen Fanatic

Started by kevnar, April 13, 2010, 12:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Ghehe, fantastic topic ;D I'm guilty on almost any reason given here :D

11. You know virtually every single post made on these forums, made by who and about what.

domdib

Ah yes, the forums...

12. You re-check the forums every *hour* to see what's new.  :)

FrankB

I don't do any of those.

.. naaah, of course I do. Especially I have to be very disciplined to hold myself back when driving, to not stare out the window for too long. That's why I prefer someone else to drive whenever possible. ;)

Henry Blewer

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on April 14, 2010, 02:01:42 AM
Ghehe, fantastic topic ;D I'm guilty on almost any reason given here :D

11. You know virtually every single post made on these forums, made by who and about what.

Guilty, sometimes I do forget who made the post. :-[
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

microwar

12. You buy you'r self a external drive, just to back up your terragen stuff.
13. You consider doing a hostel takeover on the rest of the famelys pc's, just to make a renderpark.
14. You see the whole renderprosess, even if it takes 2 hours.
15. You start another terragen when rendering to make you'r next scene.

dwilson

16. Whenever you will be gone for a week or longer, you make sure that you have an animation to render while you are gone

microwar

Quote from: dwilson on April 15, 2010, 10:27:24 PM
16. Whenever you will be gone for a week or longer, you make sure that you have an animation to render while you are gone

They shoud make a terragen render screensaver. starts calulating when you'r afk.

Dune

17. You get severely depressed when on holiday longer than a week or so (without TG possibilities)....

PabloMack

I just did a #3 just to find out that my render wasn't even half way done.  I think you are spot-on with #2 thru #5.  But...

Quote from: kevnar on April 13, 2010, 12:12:17 AM
1. When you see an actual sunset over a lake with distant mountains, you find yourself critiquing God's render settings. ("I'd have used larger fakestones...")

Doh!...I hope I never lose my set of priorities.  God doesn't have to use fakestones because nature has realstones.  What you see in nature IS the standard that we are trying to achieve.  If you want realism, everthing we do in software is only a fake, a counterfeit, an approximation.  However, if I ever do get to be as good as some of you are, I'll probably be catching myself doing the same thing :D 

Zairyn Arsyn

Quote from: Dune on April 16, 2010, 01:39:02 AM
17. You get severely depressed when on holiday longer than a week or so (without TG possibilities)....

that would be terragen 2 withdrawal
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Seth

you have more than 30 days connected on the PS forums !

Kadri

You can not make a render in TG2 for some strange artistic mental block and instead do posting in the open discussions topic after topic and hoping it will go away  :-[ ;)