1000 frame limitation?

Started by PabloMack, April 15, 2010, 02:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PabloMack

Will the limit of 1000 frames for an animation sequence be going away with the 64-bit release and/or the new animation curve editor?  I can see going beyond a 33.3/41.6 second animation (depending on frame rate).  I know some of you will be asking "What kind of render-farm does this dude have in his back yard?" 

dandelO

There isn't a 1000 frame animation limit, I don't think. Go to 'project settings' and manually(type it) change the default 'End frame = 1000' to the required number of frames. Now your timeline will reflect that.
I've never actually rendered 1000 frames, though, so I don't know if you've already tried this and found that TG stopped rendering at frame 1000, which is actually 1001, including frame '0', seems a strange amount of frames to limit to...
I'm quite sure that it isn't a limited number, however.

Oshyan

You can go above 1000. As with most sliders in TG2, you can always type in higher values and they will work. :)

- Oshyan

neuspadrin

If you go above 9999 don't forget to change the %04d to a higher value (4 makes 0000 - 9999 frame names, so higher number adds another digit).

Good luck with 9999 frames though HAHA ;)

microwar

My biggest one is 5000 frames. I was aiming for 10000, but after 5000 i was tired of adding camera points.
Skipping som frames over open wather to speed things up.

What program do you use to convert the images to video?
I using Virualdub, but it don't like missing frame numbers.

leafspring

Quote from: microwar on April 17, 2010, 12:37:03 PM
I use Fast Movie Processor to create an uncompressed AVI file from the images (never tried it with missing frame numbers though) and Virtual Dub to encode. If I want to enhance the result in some way I usually do it before creating the AVI using Photoshop and its batch operation feature. Of course this only works for non-continuous things like vibrance, contrast and stuff. For effects like film grain, bloom, scanlines etc. I mostly use Sony Vegas.
Lang lang er vejen for Aslaug
Længe venter lykken på Kraka

Henry Blewer

I use Blender. Handles any codec you have on your system. It's also one of the easiest ways to compile an anim.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

PabloMack

I could swear I read somewhere there was a 1000 frame limitation.  Just goes to show you that memories are not always reliable.  

Quote from: microwar on April 17, 2010, 12:37:03 PM

I use SpeedEDIT 2.0.  Super!  You don't even have to pre-process them into a video clip.  You just drag the first frame to the time line with the Alt key down and your done.  It saves time, a bit of processing and preserves the original resolution without losing anything from an intermediate compression step.