The Approaching Storm WIP

Started by Bluefinger, April 17, 2010, 06:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Yes really sweet !
Only the grass in the lower left distracts me a little still , but this image looks so refreshing  :)

Mor

Dune

I very much like it, copied it to my folder of 'nice works by others'. Good that you removed the tree.

QuoteOne thing I've noticed is that when distributing a surface layer, displacement applied directly on the surface layer is not mapped to the coverage blending shader. I have to put the displacement as a child layer. Only colour distribution and child layers are affected by the coverage blend shader. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this an ongoing problem or an actual feature?

Is that so? I'll have to check that, never noticed it (I think).

FrankB

you have to uncheck "only breakup color" in the surface layer, if you want the information coming through the displacement port to be broken up by the breakup shader, too.

Regards,
Frank

Dune

Hey Frank, never realized that, so that's what it's for. You learn something every day.

Bluefinger

Quote from: FrankB on April 22, 2010, 02:42:28 AM
you have to uncheck "only breakup color" in the surface layer, if you want the information coming through the displacement port to be broken up by the breakup shader, too.

Regards,
Frank
Funnily enough, I still tried that and seemed to still see the same issue. Which of course puzzles me. I've tried putting the blending mask on both the fractal breakup and blending shader inputs just to check if it had anything to do with that.

domdib

FrankB

Quote from: Bluefinger on April 22, 2010, 05:26:03 AM
Quote from: FrankB on April 22, 2010, 02:42:28 AM

Regards,
Frank
Funnily enough, I still tried that and seemed to still see the same issue. Which of course puzzles me. I've tried putting the blending mask on both the fractal breakup and blending shader inputs just to check if it had anything to do with that.

for the breakup shader to take full effect, you need to decrease coverage in the surface layer to 0.5 and fractal breakup to 1.
Otherwise, the breakup shader will only have a limited effect, simply speaking.