Sticky Note Group

Started by MGebhart, April 18, 2010, 05:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MGebhart

I was thinking it would be handy if there was a way to add a Notes Group to the node network. This would allow users to, obviously, keep notes related to the project also, provide others who may decide to share a clip give explanations, configuration suggestions and other important info on the use of the clip.

You could create different Sticky Notes for different headings. I created one that would address Shaders. I named it Sticky Note - Shaders.

The Sticky Note group would have a dialog box to configure and enter text.

Just a thought.
Marc Gebhart

dandelO

You have the .tgd 'project settings' button. That has a comments section to enter notes, it doesn't let you put notes like this into the network view but it does have seperate fields for specific input info.

Not exactly what you mean but...

MGebhart

I know of the Project Settings however, it would be convenient to see the information next to the node group being addressed as you are working. Does this make sense?
Marc Gebhart

dandelO

Aye, I see what you mean, it would be handy and I'd have liked it in the past, as well. Especially when making example.tgd's and such. I remember other people requesting this before, too.

TheBlackHole

They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

jo

Hi Marc,

There are a couple of UI elements we need to get in place before we can add something like you suggest, but once we have done that I wouldn't be surprised if do add a node like that.

Regards,

Jo