Rivers

Started by SeerBlue, March 03, 2007, 01:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Fire

Thanks SeerBlue! That's enough to get me experimenting...

SeerBlue

An update to my rivers work, just a small low res image as I work on the surfacing and object scale, the tower is to tall to fit the meter point spacing of the terrain, the poor lookout would be a good 100 ft of the ground at this size. The image is dark, I know, but even at this size it was a long render for my old computer.
Sky color, cloud color, and lighting really effect the appearence of the water, as they should, so overall I am quite impressed with how it works.
I have been thinking about posting the whole zip file  online if there is interest, it would contain the terrain, 2 pngs for the mask (all 4097x4097) the tgd, and even the watch tower and cattail models in tgo.
The surfacing on the terrain is pretty basic, as I was more interested in the water. There is alot of terrain there, behind Minas Tirith on the flanks of Mindol, if you want to render away....I even have a tgo of Minas Tirith made from a max file, if it is wanted. SeerBlue 

old_blaggard

All of those files look like they would be great to have :).  I love the image you're working on, too.  It's dark, but it shows up well on my TFT display and looks very calm.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

SeerBlue

Thanks o_b, here is another with better lighting, I actually meant to attach it last nite, but after mid-nite I am not too sharp. It shows the water better and I think if I had posted it then, my comment about the effects of atmo, lighting and such having great impact on the water would have made more sense. A render is worth a thousand words, even a low res one ;D.
I will try to get the zip up onto bigfile in a bit and post a link then. SeerBlue
credit for the lighting goes to BigBen as it is a clip from one of his tgd's, though this low res render does not do it justice

Dark Fire

I prefer the first image - in my opinion the second one it darker as much of it is in shadow. You should not be afraid of producing dark images - I made this very dark one that people like. You can also draw more brighness and colour out of an image by editing it...

SeerBlue

I had some small fill lights/lightsources in there at one time, but I can't seem to get it to render without bright red pixels appearing on the ground between the light source and the camera. I f I moved the camera the location of the red pixels change, so I decided to go with tweaking the cloud position (random at best) but it is taking forever to find a good variation of light and dark, the default posisiton the clouds opened at were the closest :D. SeerBlue

fmtoffolo

I posted a short tutorial on how to make the rivers i posted a few days ago...
Its in my blog at http://terragenfmtoffolo.blogspot.com

The example pics are in page 1 of this post i think...

If you have any doubts about the tutorial just ask...
bye
My Terragenn site
www.cgworlds.com.ar