Leaving forums, end of resource thread

Started by buchvecny, March 04, 2007, 01:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edlo

Quote from: gradient on March 06, 2007, 05:22:47 PM
@edlo....
From your own words on your deviantart site....

"Well the clouds are rendered directly on Terragen2 tech preview, amazing volumetric engine it has, unfortunately too dam slow still"

BTW...you have some very nice work up there...congrats and respect!

Thank you very much  ;D yes I find the volumetric rendering to be the one thing that slows everything down greatly. I usually compose the scene, work on textures displacements and terrain features before I even consider adding the cloud layer, or if the cloud layer is essential I have it disabled until the final render but previously test render of several sections give me an estimate of the final render. The point, at least to my eye is that there are work-around´s and ways to make TG2 deliver even in this very early stage; it is quite enjoyable and produce great results. By the way all my renders have been done in a laptop. ;)

edlo

Quote from: RedSquare on March 06, 2007, 06:34:41 PM
edlo -
Quotepromontorium
Oh my, I realy like this render. Can't fault the quality. Excellent atmo, surfaces(shaders)and the population fits nicely.  Out of curiosity, was your population masked or the result of slope, coverage and/or altitude settings?   Second question, was the bird postworked or TG2'd?  Thanks for sharing.

I also stopped by and became absorbed in your work, also my congrat's and much respect. Thanks  gradient for the heads up well worth the visit.  Oh to be able to PW like that.

Heya pal; the bird is PW, and the population its in fact controlled by slope, altitude, and fractal breakup in this case.

RedSquare

Sorry not at home in hotel.  Nice one, see you don't always need to mask. (If only I could.)