Fishing on the Yangtze, China

Started by sshank, March 04, 2007, 08:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sshank

The current translucency problem of backlit objects is a little distracting, but I was trying to duplicate a photo that looked similar to this and thought it might make a good post.

SteveS

[attachthumb=#]

king_tiger_666

also it looks like the model needs raising . its under water in that render
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

sshank

I thought that I had raised it enough (on my small screen) but perhaps not. I'll try again.

Thanks,
SteveS

Dark Fire

I agree - the boat looks semi-submerged...

rcallicotte

Maybe the shadows need to be amped with a little light, if it isn't submerged.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

sshank

Made a few changes including the "raising of the Titanic". Thanks for the previous comments.

SteveS

[attachthumb=#]

Dark Fire

That looks much better. Now it's a good picture, but to make it into a great picture, you will need to consider clouds and/or vegetation...

king_tiger_666

agrees, some trees would help and clouds:D... good going so far

mrwho

that, and/or some mist/fog on the water would be a nice touch

sshank

MrWho anticipated my final posting on this image, heavy fog on the water. This moves the time of day to the early morning when there is less likely to be clouds (which I didn't want to put in for some reason). Anyway, I now notice some striation on the fog in the foreground, just behind the boat. Any idea of what parameter affects this?

SteveS

[attachthumb=#]

mrwho

nice touch, but I was thinking of some lighter mist rolling across the water. As for your question, I think if you turn off the acceleration cache those 'bad parts' of the clouds will go away in the foreground

sshank

Anything less than a "tuly fog" effect didn't seem to have much impact on the image.

Anyway, I can't find anything about an acceleration cache. Where is that found?

SteveS

king_tiger_666

under the cloud node/quality tab.

sshank

Duh....my eyes must be glazing over. I don't know how many times I've looked at that window. Anyway, thanks I'll give it a try.

SteveS

sshank

Thanks to MrWho & KingTiger.....clearing the acceleration cache got rid of the striation marks on the fog. Now on to something new.

SteveS

[attachthumb=#]