My Ben McDuff ( A Get Started Terragen 2 Tutorial for the Terrified )

Started by kasalin, May 04, 2010, 12:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasalin

Here is my pic according to the tutorial of schmeerlap here.

Wonderful tutorial.... made much fun with it....

greetings to schmeerlap here

(Hi John, greetings to you from here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    
Karin)

See my version:

Henry Blewer

Nice job. John's (Schmeerlap) a little under the weather. I'm sure he will respond when he feels better.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

kasalin

Here the same pic with postwork and framing :

Vandy

Hi, Kasalin.

Great result to a great tutorial.  Your Ben McDuff really is beautiful.  Thank you for sharing this jewel.

I posted my result in John's tutorial thread.  I really enjoyed his tutorial.

Regards,

Gary (Vandy)
Durham, NC USA
In the end, you will see
You is you and me is me.
© May 29, 1980

TheBlackHole

Your dirt looks a little purple. Are you using "Apply Test Color"? If so, turn it off for greater realism.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

choronr

I tried this tutorial and was totally pleased with it. For a newcomer to TG2, you are doing very well.

kasalin

BlackHOle:
No, didn't use any test colour here....

I made the pic according the values of John, without the grass and rock surfaces these are my own colours, the sky colour is also mine !!
I didn't increase the red sky decay to 4 as it was said in the tutorial, I let it with 2, because it looked better for me !!!

TheBlackHole

Maybe adjust the dirt color to be a little yellowish-brownish-gray, not so much red or pink.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

kasalin

yes, maybe I could have changed something.... but nevertheless it doesn't look pretty good for my first tut ??

choronr

Quote from: kasalin on May 05, 2010, 02:12:23 PM
yes, maybe I could have changed something.... but nevertheless it doesn't look pretty good for my first tut ??
I think you have created a very good image for your first tutorial. Each of us perceives images differently; and, have different preferences and tastes. All I can say is that if you are focused on realism, you are headed in the right direction.

Zylot

BlackHole: the test color is vivid purple without mistake.  Like, 255/255 purple, if it was enabled, we'd all know ;)

The dirt does have a purple tinge to it but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  All in all, it's a good start ;)

TheBlackHole

@Zylot
But jpg compression sometimes changes colors, use enough and hot pink, lit just right, could easily turn into purplish brown.

Zylot

while leaving the rest of the image's colors relatively untouched and leaving minimal artifacts?  Just saying, yah gotta give the benefit of the doubt sometimes.

TheBlackHole

If there's not too many contiguous pixels of pink, the surrounding brown and green can get blurred into the pink, turning it a murky purple.