"Save as" in TG2

Started by BigTom, May 05, 2010, 11:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigTom

I tried to save the Terrain as a .ter file by right-clicking the Heightfield node and picking "save as". I got a dialog box allowing me to do so but when I clicked "save" I got an "Errors and Warnings" message saying "File not saved" but no explanation.

I'm currently exploring the free version to see if the program will meet my needs before buying it. Is the ability to save as a .ter file not available to the free version or have I mis-stepped somewhere?

cyphyr

Hi Tom
A couple of pointers that "may" help :)
Have you "generated" your terrain?
When you "save as" are you using any non standard keyboard characters in the file name or the full file path.
Also you may have to include the file extension when saving.
:)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

BigTom

I've attached a screen-shot for reference.

Terrain has been generated, I think that's what I've got...

I'm using the default file name as the save as box gives it to me "Heightfield1.ter", I tried it without the .ter but it still didn't work

Oshyan

Hi Tom, where are you trying to save it to? Does you file path (not file name) possibly include any special characters (basically anything besides a-z and 0-9). I have just tested it on my end and it works fine, so I don't think there's anything wrong with the basic functionality. Basically I'd suggest trying to save in the most simple location possible, e.g. C:\ just to eliminate any possible path-related problems. If it still doesn't work, let us know.

- Oshyan