Maybe...Starships

Started by rcallicotte, March 06, 2007, 06:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DiscoBall

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on March 07, 2007, 04:47:57 AM
discoball what 3dmodels have you found that would be good for terragen renders? linkys?...

www.turbosquid.com . There should be a link for 'free' models on the front page, go there, and search around :P There's some pretty good one's, however most are in max..

king_tiger_666

yeah i have used turbosquird but not many scifi models on it, hope to get startrek voyager working soon:D
<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

rcallicotte

This looks awesome, though.

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on March 16, 2007, 12:30:53 AM
Some experimenting with getting max into obj... :D

max export to obj, obj-obj conversion in poseray... as the original max file has what seemed to be over 100 textures... and multishaders only support up to 16 :-[

model is from scifi-meshes

more mesh conversions to come  thanks to this new updated tg2 ;D ;D ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

king_tiger_666

a little further down the track, took some time getting the light sources in place so there is warp cells... would be handy if surfaces could emit light... perhaps in a near future update?

updated jpg link

king_tiger_666

Here is a obj  conversion of the startrek model from .max,  it is 3.5mb zipped 20mb (uncompressed)
Also there is a tgd I have included which you will want you use from scratch or if you want to import this model into one of your existing works. open the tgd I supplied and copy and paste the node network for the arrow_runabout.obj  enjoy

thanks to Mark Azevedo for the mesh and allowing me to share the conversion
http://rawjdmbj.4free.co.nz/obj_arrow_runabout.zip

rcallicotte

What about trying something with the reflective shader by cranking the values?

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on March 17, 2007, 08:37:52 AM
a little further down the track, took some time getting the light sources in place so there is warp cells... would be handy if surfaces could emit light... perhaps in a near future update?

updated jpg link

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

king_tiger_666

I didn't try turning up the reflective shader...  maybe thats worth trying?

Mohawk20

Quote from: calico on March 17, 2007, 06:22:06 PM
What about trying something with the reflective shader by cranking the values?

Quote from: king_tiger_666 on March 17, 2007, 08:37:52 AM

updated jpg link

Surfaces can allready emit light. Try the luminosity option... atleast the surface layer has it, and the deafault aswell I believe. It works, just crank up the values really high.
Howgh!

Oshyan

You also need to make sure GI is on for luminous surfaces to work properly. You don't necessarily need high values though.

- Oshyan