non-landscape TG2 only Scene

Started by Goms, May 13, 2010, 12:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j meyer

Pretty impressive! And thanks for sharing the files.

dandelO

That's looking more and more amazing with every post! Great! 8)

Goms

thx, i'm still working on this one. Next update tomorrow.

totally of topic: anyone knew that you can actually populate planes and use "get position in texture" to get something like a cityscape?
Quote from: FrankB
you're never going to finish this image ;-)

jritchie777

Yes actually, I populate the top of my cave with an object to generate stalactite crystal growths.  It is kind of neat to see preview instances and see all your objects floating on a plane, found out you just need to enter negative scale, I was able to flip my population (since they were actually spires).

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: jritchie777 on May 15, 2010, 09:50:17 PM
Yes actually, I populate the top of my cave with an object to generate stalactite crystal growths.  It is kind of neat to see preview instances and see all your objects floating on a plane, found out you just need to enter negative scale, I was able to flip my population (since they were actually spires).

A negative scale? Wouldn't that mean that the faces are turned inside out as well? If so then the objects will probably not be rendered correctly. Did you test this?
A safer method is to either rotate 180 degrees on the X- or Z-axis in the populator node (the one with the big cube in the object list).

j meyer

Just to save this from oblivion.
Bricks and all on 1st page.

otakar

Ah and here I was excited that Goms the function man is back! :) Oh well, it WAS a great foray into what's possible, but IMHO ultimately too difficult to add simple details like door knobs and hinges.

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Goms on May 15, 2010, 04:04:06 PM
thx, i'm still working on this one. Next update tomorrow.

totally of topic: anyone knew that you can actually populate planes and use "get position in texture" to get something like a cityscape?

Heh heh, tomorrow is a long time....some folksinger said that.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Quote from: j meyer on February 07, 2016, 11:59:00 AM
Just to save this from oblivion.
Bricks and all on 1st page.

good move Jochen...thanks...missed it first time around.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist