non-landscape TG2 only Scene

Started by Goms, May 13, 2010, 12:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goms

Hi folks,

i had the idea of creating a non-landscape scene in tg2 only, by which i mean to "model" the objects in tg2.
Well, i'm satisfied with the outcome. It's not a complete image, just a proof of concept.
The file is attached, in case someone wants to play with it or make it a complete image. :)

I think with some more time and energy this could lead to damn cool images, as there are no polygons or limited texture resolutions...
For any questions, ask ;)
Quote from: FrankB
you're never going to finish this image ;-)

FrankB

Goms

Yip, everything functions, except one power fractal. :D
The bricks where a little hard.

FrankB

very respectable, although nightmarishly mind bending network you've got here :)

Is that something you are going to use as part of your contest time lapse entry?

jritchie777

Impressive!  All done with planes - I usually don't have the patience with T2, and tend to build my models in other programs then import them.  I guess I'll rethink that after seeing your project.

It would still be nice to select a plane and manipulate it like other objects - wonder if they will fix that in later versions...?
JR

domdib

Goms

thx

i think i will try to improve this a little bit....

Goms

Next picture and next file.
I added a few more details on the surfaces and improved the top geometry a little bit.

I will try to add grass and a window next. :)

dandelO

Kadri

Quote from: Goms on May 13, 2010, 03:03:46 PM
Yip, everything functions, except one power fractal. :D
The bricks where a little hard.

Hmm...a little hard? For me  much more like impossible ! Very nice functions Goms .
This is refreshing   :)

jaf

Reminds me of my old Bryce days when some users would build impressive models with the "primitive" Bryce primitives and booleans.  Things like a steam locomotive, spaceships, etc.

I sure wouldn't have the patience, but that's some nice work and I bet you've learned a lot about node manipulation.  ;D
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

mogn

Goms

thx :)

next update: window added and the door is changed.

domdib

This is growing more and more awesome by the minute  :). I haven't had time to study the file yet, and even if I did, I'm not sure I'd have the expertise to answer this: would it in theory be possible to insert this doorway into a terrain??

Goms

Yep, shouldn't be a problem. Actually thats a great idea. I will figure something out and include this somehow. ;)

But first i will make this whole thing more easy to understand. I will write something about how i did this later. ;)