number entry in TG, why is it 'real-time'?

Started by shadowphile, May 15, 2010, 01:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregsandor

If you'd put a part of the effort that you're currently putting toward these suggestions for changing Terragen, into helping out in say, my retroreflective shaders thread, I'd be more inclined to be sympathetic toward your views on how this program, which does what it does better than any other software, could be improved.  Until I see some jaw-dropping renders and associated tgd's, or some practical solutions to shader requests, all I see is a bunch of new guys whose job or hobby isn't terrain modeling and rendering, who are going to lobby for changes that, since they don't really know what they're doing, will wreck TG. 

dandelO

This is getting pathetic now. Really.
On page 1 Jo said that the areas that need fixing are the areas that are causing problems, e.g. HF operators, that everyone knows will keep recalculating at each input. I'm happy with that answer. Is nobody else?
A lot of pissing and moaning about how it isn't the same as my other applications isn't constructive. Likewise a war of words between old and new users, creating a great divide where none is needed. True, I was pissed off with the recent 'badly designed software' thing being thrown about but, c'mon. We've all got better things to do than bitch and pick teams, even in joke.

Whatever, I'm no longer interested in this, if I need help or, if I can help, I'll post on relevant things. This is teenaged pish. I'm here only to learn and share input on TG. Who's with me?(and not in a 'team' sense! :D)

gregsandor

shadowphile

I agree, enough has been said arguing what should be a very obvious point.  It's in the developers hands now.