Epic Planet WIP

Started by TheBlackHole, May 17, 2010, 04:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackHole

Aaaaaagggghhhhhh! With all these entries, I have no chance to survive make my time! :P I'll post this anyway. I have a better version of this at home, I'll post it later. I'm considering adding rings, stars, and a moon or two.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Zairyn Arsyn

i'm not seeing any land, looks like a ocean planet.

keep going.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

TheBlackHole

There is land. The problem is, it's green and covered in vegetation. Thankfully, it's a green surface layer and not billions upon trillions of plant objects. The dark green of the plants plus the blue of the atmosphere blends together. Get closer to the surface (and I mean almost the troposphere) and you'll see the difference between land and water. I've attached what it looks like if Atmosphere Visible is turned off in the renderer settings.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Kadri

Are you sure that you didn't crank up some of the atmosphere settings or so , TheBlackHole ?

http://www.hasselblad.com/media/07505e46-3c4e-4b55-bee5-2242f4106ab4-TheGlobe.jpg

Of course these kind of photos aren't any proof either. They could be tweaked too !

TheBlackHole

I'll turn down the bluesky density and see how that looks.

TheBlackHole

@Kadri
I actually have that photo framed on my wall. I've had it for years.

TheBlackHole

Is this better?

Kadri

Yes , but do you like it , TheBlackHole? Your opinion does matter more . In the end this is art !
There is some place for fine tuning. You like Science fiction and you know that your planet doesn't have to look like our world.
There could be other explanations etc.

TheBlackHole

That's why I'm going to add rings and 2-3 moons. Maybe a second sun and a massive nebula in the background.

Henry Blewer

http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

TheBlackHole

Here it is, higher POV and rings. Two suns, one a slightly dimmed white sun and the other a dim reddish sun that add together to make a default-sun-strength light from two slightly different directions.

TheBlackHole

Here's a moon.

TheBlackHole

I guess I'm just gonna quit on this. There are too many other entries that totally pwn mine. I GIVE UP.

neuspadrin

Its not all about winning, its also about learning.  Do your best you never know, and if you don't win I bet you learned something useful to apply to the next one ;) At least keep an open mind to it.  Theres still TONS of time.