Spoonfeed Phase II(a) : Silver darkness required

Started by xtgirl, May 17, 2010, 05:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtgirl

Thanks to FRANK and all you other GREAT folks for advice - I have come a long way.

I now have a scene that looks almost right - but I need help to refine it. My file's attached.

1. How do I change the colour of the light to be less yellow and more 'moonlight' silver?

2. The water has gone all smooth... did I kill it?

Here is what I have right now:

Here is what I was hoping for:

neuspadrin

You can change the roughness of the water and the wave size etc on the water node to change how it looks.

FrankB

1 - you should be able to reduce the yellow tint by reducing the redsky decay color saturation in the tweaks tab of the atmosphere node.
2 - your water seems smooth because your camera is much higher above the water compared to the second image - I guess.

Lastly: personally, I find the first render much more beautiful that the second one. Why go for it then? ;)

Forgot to tell you that in my example render, I have also increased the enviro light strength on surface to 2m and chanced the surface color of the "background node" to 0.018, which helps with GI somewhat and brightens up the otherwise black sky. It's also important that you use relatively high GI quality and GI sample details to something like 2/2, but if render ime doesn't play a big role, 2/4. This should give you much more details from the global illumination (enviro light).

Frank

xtgirl

OKAY!!

I have used your advice, and changed the red decay settings... so now... I'm DELIGHTED (and dancing round my desk) to say, I think I have the scene I need.

It now looks like this:

Yipeeeeee!!!

FrankB

something seems to be wrong with the image file you have uploaded. I just see a dark horizontal bar instead of a render. can you try to post it again?

Kadri

Quote from: FrankB on May 18, 2010, 05:13:27 PM
something seems to be wrong with the image file you have uploaded. I just see a dark horizontal bar instead of a render. can you try to post it again?

It is very dark but water definitely .

Dune

Here's an example of the magic that TG2 does  ;D