WIP: Storm before the Calm

Started by The Geostation, March 07, 2007, 08:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Geostation

Here's something I want to share.   Nearly done now  :)

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

old_blaggard

Looks like a good idea for an image.  I can't wait to see what it looks like at higher detail.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

mrwho

very nice, like o_b I'd love to see it when it's done at higher detail

The Geostation

Thanks for the replies, I had to get to bed before doing a high res.   Will post it later today or tomorrow.

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

The Geostation

Odd I've just noticed that when restarting TG2TP, the seed for the water isn't kept and the wave shape has varied... hmmm

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

mrwho

yeah, I think someone else mentioned that. It's a bug, and it'll be fixed

The Geostation

Interestingly after reloading the tgd for the 10th time to find the most pleasing seascape, I came across the exact seascape shape as the one above.

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

Dark Fire

Quote from: The Geostation on March 08, 2007, 04:57:26 AM
Interestingly after reloading the tgd for the 10th time to find the most pleasing seascape, I came across the exact seascape shape as the one above.

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
Haha...That's wierd. Perhaps you got a glimpse into workings of the T2TP algorithms...

The Geostation

Well folks, this is not a high res image yet but I managed to get some surf/foam on those waves last night ;D

Involved use of the fractal breakup into water shader and being merged with the merge shader and then followed up with the distribution shader (using negative angles).   Also needed to increase the reflection spreading too.

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
Andrew Randle
The Geostation