Attention Oshyan

Started by gradient, March 07, 2007, 11:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gradient

Oshyan;
Ran across this site that appears to have ripped one of your images..."Hello or Good Bye"
http://thesimplegallery.com/pictures.php
There may be more...didn't have time to check....

Sethren

I had carefully scanned through the rest of the photos even though Green's image is no photo.   ::)

I do not think there were any other Terragen related images that i had seen but who knows what else has been ripped at that page.     >:(

old_blaggard

Could you do a direct link?  I'm not really that familiar with all of Oshyan's work, and there are a whole lot of pictures on there.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Sethren

Opps, wrong link!         ;D

gradient

It is there....here is the direct link off the image on that page....
http://grandbattle.com/RCT3/oshyan_hello-or-goodbye_snap2.jpg

ProjectX

lol, it's even got his name in the link...

Maybe this is a gallery of pictures he thinks are cool? I don't see any actualy claim there that they are his.

I see a couple from www.digitalblasphemy.com as well...

king_tiger_666

you are quite observant seeing that render amongst all those on that site lol

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Dark Fire

Quote from: ProjectX on March 08, 2007, 06:46:34 AM
lol, it's even got his name in the link...

Maybe this is a gallery of pictures he thinks are cool? I don't see any actualy claim there that they are his.

I see a couple from www.digitalblasphemy.com as well...
But he/she does claim that they are photos and the Digital Blashpmey pictures and the TGD picture are definitely not photos...

monks

I thought Oshyan was involved with a photography project (?)- don't know if this is the one though. They're not photos tho....

monks

gradient

@ProjectX;
"Maybe this is a gallery of pictures he thinks are cool? I don't see any actualy claim there that they are his."

Unless Oshyan has given his approval, it constitutes copyright infringement.

@kingtiger666;
"you are quite observant seeing that render amongst all those on that site lol"

TG2 is good, but I can still pick a TG2 render out of all those photos....LOL!

Oshyan

Thanks for the heads up Gradient. Some nice images there, but no attribution or anything. An all-too-common story unfortunately. I'm not sure I'll bother doing anything in this case, but I'll keep an eye on it.

- Oshyan

gradient

@Oshyan...at least you know you're in good company!   LOL!
Also for your info...another site associated with this one has posted a link to a 65mb zip file containing all the full size images....so...they are being distributed further.....

king_tiger_666

good to see people appreciating peoples renders but they should have given the name or a link as reference....i guess at least they didn't change the file name

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

The Geostation

I'd be rather unsettled about it.   If they start charging money, that's when I'd really kick their ar$e.

Flowers,

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

Will

The Geostation in The Render-Farm Saints coming this fall....

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.