New user help

Started by Bandi, March 08, 2007, 12:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandi

Hi all,

I've just recently come across Terragen and thought I'd have a go...  Needless to say that I'm pretty lost  :) 

Documentation and/or help on Terragen 2 seems quite scare and I'm struggling to accomplish anything more then the absolute basics.   Is there any good documentation around that will give me a better understanding of how it works?  I've gone through what's in the Docs section of these forums, but there's still plenty unexplained....  To make it worse, I have no prior experience in any 3d generation apps etc... nothing like jumping in the deep end, but hey, you've got to learn somehow!

Thanks
   Anthony

DiscoBall

There's a guy's website that is REALLY helpful - MeltingIce's website.

http://network.meltingice.net/

On the left there is PATHS - use that, there are a few really good tutorials there.

Will

Hi Bandi, Yes MeltingIce's PATHS site is very helpful also if you have any question just posted here in the fourms and either I or anotuerh will quickly awnser it to the best of our ability.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

The Geostation

Yep meltingice's tutorial site is very good.   However before progressing to that, have you have a go at the pdf tutorial document from the same download site as TG2TP?

Andrew Randle
The Geostation
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

Bandi

Thanks for the link to the PATHS tutorials.  I'll have a read through and see how they go.  It's good to see a forum where there are actually offers to help a newby!

Geostation: What PDF are you referring to? I downloaded TG2 from

http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/tg2/tech_preview.shtml 

but unless I'm missing something, I cant see any pdf tutorial there. Can you possible point me to it?

Thanks,
  Anthony

king_tiger_666

yeah the pdf that is on the same link as the tg2 download is very useful and shows you how to create a first render.... its worth a read before seeing other tutorials, as it also explains what everything does..

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

Bandi

Ahhh, the big link that clearly states "Documentation"...  They could have made it a bit more obvious ;D