Glass

Started by MGebhart, May 21, 2010, 05:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klas

Walli is using the transparency setting on the reflective shader. This is definitively not working. Maybe there was a beta with transparency?

TheBlackHole

I tried that too, to make a ring of red crystals floating around the planet. FAIL.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

dandelO

I've tried this every way I can think of. Nothing works, although, I can clearly see Walli's using reflective shader settings.

... ... ...

EDIT: Moved this portion to its own thread. http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=9943.0

MGebhart

D.

You are welcome to continue your findings here if you want. I'm not that sensitive.

I am rendering my glass shader with an object directly behind it. It is transparent. Also, I will provide the clip so everyone can experiment with it. I should be posting it within the hour.
Marc Gebhart

dandelO

Thanks, Marc. I really feel I'm banging my head on a wall, I cannot make this work with a reflective shader, I've tried multiple times in the past and put it down to 'It can't be done'.

I await... :)

MGebhart

Here is an image and the clip file for the reflection shader.
Marc Gebhart

MGebhart

I think I found a BUG.

I have a file called TextureSphere.tgd. There are two objects in the scene. Image1.

When I open the file from the file/open menu it loads. When I render it it looks like image2.

When I open the file from the file/Open Recent it renders like image3.

This is strange.
Marc Gebhart

MGebhart

Here is the TextureSphere.tgd
Marc Gebhart

dandelO

Marc. With nothing changed in your clipfile at all, here's my result:

[attachimg=#]

Here's my node network, there's an imported sphere there that I tried, as well(single sided surface). Nada.

[attachimg=#]

Are you doing anything special to your objects inside of TG? Any specific render settings, like shadows, raytracing, lighting, anything?

I'm in a real brain-fix over this, some people, it seems, can render transparent reflective shaders, some can't. I'd like to know the key to this. I've tried everything that I can think of, from object settings, to render settings.

EDIT: Could you provide a basic working .tgd that displays this effect correctly, as it obviously does on your machine?
Thanks, just saw your other posts. I'm looking...

Cheers and, sorry for pestering but I have my brain in a knot here. :-[

MGebhart

Here is the .obj file
Marc Gebhart

dandelO

Nope, I don't have the models(Thanks. I do now. :)) or the ground image map. The parts shaders from your objects don't fit into another TG sphere(or sphere object) that I replace or reload in the original object reader. This is a shitemare! :D

Cheers, man! :D

dandelO

I give up...
[attachimg=#]

MGebhart

Here is the ground map.
Marc Gebhart

MGebhart

Save the .tgd file to your desktop. Then load it again from the File/Open Recent.

I created a scene from scratch using the TextureSphere.obj and attached the Reflective shader. Then saved the file to my desktop. When I render it the object is Black.

Then I open the saved .tgd from the desktop using File\Open Recent and it renders transparent.

I'm not getting it.

Marc Gebhart

dandelO

Can you copy the working object or parts shader from the working .tgd from 'recent files' and replace it inside the broken .tgd?

I really give up now, let's wait on PS staff to confirm whether this should work, on any level or settings.

Cheers, dude! :)