Noob Question - importing Poser/DAZ content or obj's in general

Started by myklgrant, May 21, 2010, 01:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myklgrant

Can someone point me to a thread on how to do this? First I'd like to know how to find/center the model. I tried
importing  but was unable to find the model. Thanks for your help.

Michael Grant

domdib

To find the object: Go to the Preview, and see the button third from the left along the bottom (it has a half-circle arrow on it). Hovering over it should show a Tooltip - Reset view camera position. Click on it, and it offers the option to Center on object or shader. Pick your object, and you should find the camera in front of a bounding box. If it still looks very small, then click on the object and increase its scale. Then, to make sure the camera will actually render what's in the bounding box, you have to click on the button on the far left of the preview (Tooltip: Copy this view to the current render camera) (I admit it is a little involved). THEN, render.

Kevin F

Another method is to create a sphere, copy it's co-ordinates, delete the sphere, then copy the co-ordinates to the object and adjust size etc.

Marlin

I'm not sure what it is you want but I'll put my 2 cents in.

When I'm working with Daz files I do all my posing and setup in Daz. Then I export the object in the wavefront obj format at a scale of 1%. This works well with Terragen scaling. Then I go to the object shaders and work in the mat files that aren't setup right. If there are smoothing problems then I use poseray to get past this problem.

To position the object I right click in the preview window where I want the object to be position I want it to go and get the coordinates I want and paste them in the object coordinates.

dandelO

Or, just do it the easy way; Right-click anywhere in the 3D preview window and choose 'copy coordinates'. Then, simply go to your object's settings panel and to the right of the 'translate' fields you'll see a button called 'copy/paste coordinates'. Pick... paste! ;)

You can do this for all of the translate/rotation/scale fields. :)

EDIT: Sorry, Marlin, you already posted this. :)