Garden of Eternity

Started by Dune, May 26, 2010, 03:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

This is really beautiful! Superb details!

domdib

This looks fantastic - I really hope the garden does get built.

MGebhart

Dune,

You are a creative wild man.
Marc Gebhart

Dune

Thanks, guys. I do my best.

dandelO

The storyboard is dreamy! I love it all. It's a pleasure to view your work, Ulco. Good luck, Sir!

otakar

Congratulations! Can't wait for the movie and making-of story!

Dune

It's been a while, but there's news about the animation. Due to several circumstances, like data loss, it has taken some time to get things going for Oshyan, but I just saw a first rough. Very promising! So hang in there!

---Dune

Oshyan

Thanks for updating the thread Dune. I'm sorry that I neglected to earlier! All is well now though, and moving forward quickly. I think you'll all really enjoy this when it's done. It will be a little while yet as we need to finish the sequence and then of course render it, but soon enough you'll all be able to appreciate this great scene in motion. :)

- Oshyan

dandelO

Any word on this animation yet? I'd love to see Ulco's scene rendered out, it's coming up a year since the last post.

Oshyan

Yes, it's far past time for an update, sorry about that. Essentially all that remains at this point is rendering. Unfortunately it's a very demanding scene and was originally cut rather long (over 2 minutes) so a lot of time was spent paring it down, and render times at 720p are not ideal (not unreasonably by any means, but remember this is donated render farm time!). So basically I just need to settle on optimized final render settings and submit it for rendering. There are issues of whether to go with GI, motion blur in render or post, etc. that still need to be settled. Truth be told I've just been very busy with other things. But it's a real shame to have let this go so long and obviously that wasn't at all my intention at the start. I will push it up the priority list.

- Oshyan

dandelO

Cheers, Oshyan. I just thought it had maybe been forgotten, I'm sure everyone would love to see it. I can imagine how render intensive it is, though! :)