what software for animation?

Started by Dune, May 28, 2010, 02:34:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

What (free) software would be best to capture the rendered bmp's into a movie and maybe do some editing? VirtualDub? This guy has something as well: http://www.joern-thiemann.de/tools. I'm completely new to animating in TG2 so all info would be much appreciated.

---Dune

red_planet

Once you have imported the image sequence and exported in your preferred format from Virtual dub you can use Windows Movie maker as a crude editor. There are facilities within Blender to achieve NLE. (Non Linear Editing), but unless you are already familiar with Blender it could prove , ummm.... errr... welll.....let's say tricky and leave it at that.

I've never really delved into free editing sw because I am fortunate enough to have access to commercial sw at work.

Hope this helps a bit..

Rgds

Chris

Kadri

Quote from: red_planet on May 28, 2010, 12:57:48 PM
... There are facilities within Blender to achieve NLE. (Non Linear Editing), but unless you are already familiar with Blender it could prove , ummm.... errr... welll.....let's say tricky and leave it at that.

LOL ;D

A "video editing in blender" search on youtube gave many results , Dune ! I think in the near future i have to go the same route :)

neuspadrin

i use mencoder or ffmpeg on my linux machine to combine the frames together.

Seth

virtualdub is really easy and fast editing :)
that will be my suggestion.
Blink is good too.

Dune

Thanks, guys. I'll give it a go.

Henry Blewer

Blender, for me, was very easy to learn for compiling animation.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

TheBlackHole

The editing software I use is VirtualDub and Windows Movie Maker. My videos turn out pretty good, but that's because I'm an experienced WMM user, unlike the people who make those crappy slideshows with overly flashy titles with more spelling mistakes than an idiot convention. (Sorry about the short rant.)
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?