Decisions, decisions...

Started by Harvey Birdman, March 09, 2007, 10:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Congrats Harvey, I think you made a wise decision. Of course I'm a bit biased. ;) But I really do think that TG2 will offer you much greater flexibility and power while not causing you many problems - if any - due to changing features and formats. We would not have made a public release of this kind and have people begin learning it if we intended to make such significant changes that learned knowledge would become obsolete, or created world files would become unusable in future versions. There will definitely be changes, but we will provide an upgrade path wherever possible.

I think you'll also find that TG2 will be far more interoperable with other applications than TG 0.9 is now or ever will be. Already there are more data exchange applications being written for TG2 than were available for most of TG 0.9's lifespan, and the SDK isn't even available yet. Once we are able to publish the SDK people will be able to create much more integrated plugin systems for sophisticated and easy to use data exchange, which should make your job a lot easier. TG 0.9 will never be able to match that.

- Oshyan