Recent posts

Image Sharing / Re: Some renders, some WIP
Last post by Tangled-Universe - March 11, 2024, 09:04:15 AM
Quote from: pclavett on March 10, 2024, 07:53:30 PMAll nice shots, was recently at the Antelope Canyon sites in Northern Arizona..... your renders are very realistic ! As for the rocks.....you really have to concentrate to see the flaws..... they look quite perfect.

Thanks, I appreciate that :) I have to confess something; this is probably the first time I looked repeatedly at some pictures as how this should kinda look. Usually my work is with the mind's eye only.

Quote from: schmeerlap on March 11, 2024, 05:09:26 AMInteresting atmospherics in Glacial_Valley with the sun overhead yet a dark sky. Makes for a scene of great drama.

Thank you too. To be honest this one is quite heavily post-processed. I have to revisit the scene after my current (bigger) project, as it was very hard to achieve these rays AND keeping colours vivid in the scene.
The issue is the focal length, which is extremely long, thus you look through a lot of atmosphere. In turn, this makes godrays less easy to be visible, but there are tricks for that. Changing the focal length changes the perspective quite a bit and foremostly it makes the reflections look small, which was one of the key aspects I wanted to create in this image. I got a bit bored by fighting with it and got distracted by making some of these renders above.
Last post by schmeerlap - March 11, 2024, 05:09:26 AM
Interesting atmospherics in Glacial_Valley with the sun overhead yet a dark sky. Makes for a scene of great drama.
Last post by Dune - March 11, 2024, 02:21:53 AM
As said on discord, excellent stuff!
Image Sharing / Re: The Rough-Hewn Shore
Last post by pclavett - March 10, 2024, 07:54:30 PM
Nice rocks indeed  !
Last post by pclavett - March 10, 2024, 07:53:30 PM
All nice shots, was recently at the Antelope Canyon sites in Northern Arizona..... your renders are very realistic ! As for the rocks.....you really have to concentrate to see the flaws..... they look quite perfect.
Image Sharing / Re: Serenity
Last post by pclavett - March 10, 2024, 07:50:32 PM
Thanks Ulco for the suggestions, have been working on the snow this week and decreased the  Voronoi displacement that caused the cracks, was a bit too much. Have now redone the snow completely with 3 different layers at different levels of slope and warped lines of altitude. Should make the snow better. Also working on closeup view of the chalet with the mountains in the back, organized veggies on the chalet lot, a brick wall with bedded flowers. More to come ! Appreciate all your comments and suggestions. Might take a bit of time, one of my PCs is down as the last render blew the AIO Liquid Cooler pump and will get the pieces for the repair only later this week. The think was only 2 year old and now going with something designed not far from you... a Noctua Air Cooler this time, will take a while for me to get over this experience. Hope this does better ! Have a great weekend !
Last post by Tangled-Universe - March 10, 2024, 05:28:16 PM
An older one rendered again with PT and GGX reflection model... Some obvious flaws, but too lazy to fix them (like intersecting rocks)
Image Sharing / Some renders, some WIP
Last post by Tangled-Universe - March 10, 2024, 05:25:09 PM
A few renders I made lately...mostly WIP
Last post by Dune - March 09, 2024, 01:55:07 AM
Looks really good, Paul. I could suggest a few things, but I don't know if you'd want those. A waterline, up to half a meter above the water level, slightly fuzzy, with darkening of the rock and a little reflection (no-RT) would benefit the shore.
The top of the mountain would benefit by more snow, to make its pattchyness a little softer. Either reduce the voronoi cracks higher up, or add another snowlayer altitude restricted with a bigger slope restriction, up to even 90%.
If you used displacement intersection for the snow, make the patch size of the compute terrain bigger, say 50 or 100. That will increase the white patches, make bigger snow fields. You have to use an additional (loose end) compute normal/terrain for the veggies to sit on then, at the end of the line.
Last post by pclavett - March 08, 2024, 11:52:48 AM
Final Render of my first take on the project with my attempts to make it better ! The render was done with Path Tracing as it made the vegetation more alive and better light. There was a second sun high above, no shadows, very weak at 0.1. Adjustments in Photoshop with levels, curves, some shadow and highlight adjustment and finally a bit of sharpening..... maybe a bit too much when the render was reduced with bicubic sharper. I am planning a closeup of the chalet in the coming weeks. Have a great weekend all !