Very quiet on the Terragen 4 front

Started by reck, May 12, 2016, 04:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reck

When we got our first look at T4 back in December there were updates every few weeks or so. 2 updates in December, 3 in January and then 1 in February. Then it suddenly went quiet.

It's now been 3 months since the last update and i'm wondering if there is any more news?

While i'm posting about the lack of updates it seems a bit quiet on the forums as well. I posted a question about the library a month ago today - http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,16413.0.html but I didn't get any PS response. I could understand if the forums were being swamped with dozens of posts daily and my post getting lost but as I write this there is only 17 other posts ahead of it and its still on the front page a month later. Surely considering how quiet it is it's not too much to ask for an answer?

Thanks

Dune

I have posed the same question as well regarding the silence on the forum, and as for T4; a couple of alpha testers is busy testing updates regularly, and Matt is busy too, I can tell you.

reck

Oh i've no doubt he's busy but presumably he was also busy with T4 development during December-February when T4 updates were being posted? Just wondering what's changed in that regard as it seems strange not to have heard a thing for 3 months after having such regular updates previously.

As an Alpha tester you can probably see first hand what's going on but everyone else.....just silence.

KlausK

Yeah, it seems rather slow when you`re the one waiting to get more info and the new version into your hands.
But I guess with such a small team of developers that is what you get. Not that all big companies are doing automatically better, mind you.
And is the first half of the year not packed with shows and congresses all over the place where you have to be present and show off your new product? In this case TG version 4? Perhaps that is also playing here. Hopefully, >>Silence is Golden<< in this case ;)

cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

zaxxon

I believe the VR Contest has taken a large amount of Matt's time. I don't really know why the Contest was created with such a short time frame, but I'm betting this has taken some priority over TG 4's developement. However, it's not like I've figured out all of the tricks in 3.4 (or even a small amount of them!)

reck

Yeah the updates stopped around the time of the VR competition, but wasn't the closing date for that over a month ago now?

Oshyan

Indeed the VR Challenge diverted our attention for a while, but Matt is very focused on TG4 core development again (even while judging of the entries is ongoing; this is why we gave ourselves a lot of time to judge it :D ). We'll be publishing another TG4 feature update very, very soon. And we'll try to keep sharing more news in the lead-up to release. Just keep in mind that the actual release is not that far off now so we'll be focusing our public communications efforts more and more around the primary TG4 marketing campaign. There is a lot to do. TG4 will be worth the wait and you'll get to see soon. :)

- Oshyan

AP

The images on the Terragen4 web site are gone.

Oshyan

AP, not intentionally. I'm looking into the issue.

- Oshyan

AP

Alright, because it was the same on my other device as well so for a while I thought it was something on my end.

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Yes, we addressed the issue. And we'll have another news post soon.

- Oshyan

AP