Orbital shot

Started by N-drju, November 12, 2015, 03:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Hey,

I was just wondering if you could help me out with an orbital-type of render? I am having problems with creating land mass that would look plausible from 140 km above the planet's surface. At first I tried to simply put several generate heightfields and stick tchem together but that does not look good (these are square y'know...). Power fractal seems to be too uniform to me - look like a bunch of pebbles scattered across the whole world. How do I make realistic-looking continents in TG?

Any ideas? :)
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

WAS

Use a large PF scale, ie 3e+006 and larger scales with extreme displacement (to cover ocean floor and highest mountains) and then maybe some masked smaller PFs at 1e+006 for mountainous detail.

If you render a Planet object and look at it's internal shaders, the PF Shader there is a good base to look at.

I use a very similar setup here

Oshyan

There are also several good planet setups at NWDA: http://www.store.nwdastore.com/planets

- Oshyan

N-drju

I guess I need to have a look into PF again. Thanks for directions WASasquatch! By the way, how do you mask the remaining PF? By painted shader or another fractal?

Oshyan, I was thinking of something more DIY / free of charge. :D
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

WAS

Another fractal at large scales and Colour Contrast at 1-5

Ariel DK

Hi WASasquatch, nice atmos, if you don't mind, could you post the Tgc here? 8) :D
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

WAS

Yeash, what file is that... I'll have a look in the morning. I believe it's my "Eclideon", but not positive.

WAS

Not positive but I believe it's this Storm Test where the vortex shader settings are off and not giving me the effect I wanted.