Recent posts

Image Sharing / Re: All these worlds...
Last post by raymoh - Today at 01:33:23 PM
The last aeon

This hypothetical Earth-like exoplanet with three moons orbits a sun-like star together with several other planets.
However, the system is 2 billion years older than the solar system.
Since its formation, the parent star has already become twice as bright and is slowly moving out of the main sequence.
Due to the increasing deterioration of living conditions on the planet the higher plants and animals became extinct more than a billion years ago. Only lichen-like life forms can still withstand the current hot conditions on the surface.
The oceans that once existed have evaporated apart from a few small remnants. A few algae-like organisms still survive there.
In the cloudless sky, only the occasional high-flying ice crystal cloud remains.
There is hardly any oxygen left in the atmosphere as most of the oxygen producers have already died out. Due to the increasing radiation pressure of the brightening sun, the atmosphere will probably be completely destroyed in the next billions of years and swept into space.

We are standing at the hot and shadeless bottom of a former ocean and can see former high coastal reefs in the distance.
Image Sharing / Re: Plants
Last post by Dune - Today at 01:59:55 AM
You can easily test that by making two (or three) versions, each with lower MB. I never use more than 8-bit, usually tifs with an alpha channel for opacity around 2000px wide or high (stems/barks are often longitudinal, and may be only 500px wide). I like tifs because jpg's are less predictable when I lower opacity to 0.6 or so for more light in canopies. Unless you need plants for really close-up shots (and then you also need perfect plants), that's enough (for me).
Image Sharing / Re: Plants
Last post by Doug - May 13, 2024, 10:40:08 PM
question
the plants come with 16K files, around 25MB .png
i converted them to 16K jpg, around 5MB

have i lost anything?
Image Sharing / Re: Some recent works
Last post by Dune - May 13, 2024, 01:24:30 AM
Update on the middle setup. Some species need to be replaced still (the client is also an ecologist), so this is not a final.
Image Sharing / City englufed by fog (Liminal ...
Last post by PreRenderedDev - May 11, 2024, 07:23:19 PM
Terragen fog scene + editingLiminal_Better.png
Terragen Discussion / Re: Terragen Sky CPU usage
Last post by Doug - May 10, 2024, 06:33:04 PM
I don't use Terragen Sky, but i tried it.
My CPU goes from 2% 2.45Ghz to 100% 4.5Ghz
Terragen Discussion / Terragen Sky CPU usage
Last post by MikeC - May 10, 2024, 10:58:51 AM
New to Terragen Sky, but first thing I noticed when opening the program, is that even after the default scene has finished rendering, it maintains 95% CPU usage continuously....is this a bug?
Terragen Discussion / Re: RTP shadow?
Last post by Dune - May 10, 2024, 01:29:53 AM
Awesome! Thanks very much, Matt!
Last post by Matt - May 09, 2024, 05:10:00 PM
colour-pref-for-preview-crop-region-tg48.jpg

This will be in Terragen 4.8.
Last post by Matt - May 09, 2024, 04:04:47 PM
Quote from: Dune on May 08, 2024, 02:04:03 AMCool, that's quick. Can you fix the color of the handles as quickly? ;) :P

The crop region (ROI) box and handles? Sure, that will be editable in Preferences in v4.8.