Many happy landings

Started by N-drju, March 26, 2014, 05:04:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

I've been away for three days. Flown on a plane. It really peeves me how stupid and annoying people can be.

Most passengers already learned to turn off their mobile devices upon take-off and during landing (finally!). Most of them are nonetheless still pathetic because of some other thing... I can't imagine how a suitcase as big as a small desk unit is still considered a "hand luggage" by some idiots. :P In practice it looks like they were taking a regular luggage aboard. Needless to say, none of these smaller minds ever even open those when finally on board! And just imagine what happens then when those guys try to squeeze those "bricks" into overhead compartment.

- Excuse me sir, could you move your coat so I can pack my enormously big, illegally-taken-aboard, pig-fat "hand luggage" which contains life saving items and probably some lucky charms that I have to hold onto at all times?
- NO I CAN'T.

Heaven have mercy on them heathens!
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

archonforest

Welcome back :D
Otherwise I do understand what u say. I have many take offs and landings under my belt. My favorite part on the Airport is this. U sitting and waiting to chk-in. At the front of the chk-in desk there is a metal frame where u can measure the size of your hand luggage. If it fits u can take it on board if not you pay. Simple. Now of crs there are always some airheads around who come there and try to use all forces to squeeze in their HUGE bag. This looks really funny and usually the metal frame wins. At the end they have to pay penalty and that argument also funny to watch :D

The only sad part of this is that these companies usually have the same metal frame by the desk u get your ticket so one can see early enough(before security...etc...etc) that they "hand-luggage" will NOT fit but they try anyways ??? 

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

archonforest

Ohhh... one more thing. Most funny. When the person finally squeezes her/him luggage into the metal frame and gets up and smiles to the airport staff (See! It fits! I told you b...h!)...and now he has to take the luggage OUT of the frame!! ;D ;D
Now that is funny man! :)

otakar

I blame the checked bag fees. Most prevalent in the U.S. Would cut down on boarding time significantly if you could only bring a small carry-on. Flying ceased to be fun in cattle class many moons ago, even with international carriers. And don't even get me started with airport 'security'.

TheBadger

At least you were not on a malaysian air craft.
It has been eaten.

N-drju

Well that was my first flight after about six years but I've never seen frame-wrestling before. ;D

As far as "cattle-class" is concerned it is even worse on "cheap airlines". There you really do have cattle aboard... ??? I've flown Wizz Air (or is it Whiz Air?) many times and the people there... ye gods!
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Oshyan

After Icelandair lost my luggage for 5 freaking days (during which they sent it to an entirely different country than I was traveling to!), I am unfortunately even less inclined to check my bags. :( Fortunately I pack light. ;)

- Oshyan

N-drju

Are you talking about your latest trip to Iceland Oshyan? If you get on a direct flight that's very rare situation!

But how was the trip? ;)

archonforest

Yeah and where are the pix? Cold chicks and hot volcanoes?

N-drju

Shouldn't that be the other way round? :P

Oshyan

Yes, talking about my latest trip (only time I've flown Icelandair). And of course if it was a direct flight the change of lost baggage would be much lower. The fault for the initial misplacement is actually with Frontier I think, they had a late flight (they're only in time 60% of their flights I think!!) and it was a short connecting timeframe in Denver. What I'm pissed about is how Icelandair handled it after that. I was traveling with a friend so both our bags missed the connecting flight. Fine, fair enough, understandable. I would think though that it would be on the next day's flight to us. Instead it took 2 more days. Worse still, when we did get "our" bags, my friend's bag was there, but the 2nd bag was someone else's entirely! My bag had apparently gone to Stockholm!! For no reason whatsoever. That is just gross mishandling. It then took a further 3 days to get me my bag, *and* I had to go pick it up myself at some tiny airport in the middle of nowhere, costing several hours of time out of our way. This was *not* good service from Icelandair. So yeah, disappointed in that.

But the trip was great. :D Still working on pictures, but I'll get to it. So much other catch up to do in the meantime!

- Oshyan

TheBadger

You should have opened the strangers bags to find a large amount of cocaine, or top secret data. Your story needs work  ;D
http://courte-focale.fr/Images/true%20romance%2028.jpg
It has been eaten.

N-drju

Weeeell... that's one of those few yet critical reasons why I'm never gonna go to Indonesia, Thailand or other country like that. :( Don't really want to serve life-sentence in some pee-pee soaked heck-hole because somebody was clever enough to hide drugs in my luggage... Boy, that's scary and so sad!