Recent posts

Terragen Discussion / Re: Pixel gaps in rendering
Last post by sboerner - March 23, 2024, 05:19:57 PM
I'm hoping someone from Planetside might see this and let me know what these are. I wonder if they might indicate a hardware problem, though I've run across them on two very different systems. I'm running a memory check now on the system that I used to render this, just to see.

And thanks re: the trees. This is the top part of a new scene I'm working on. Once I have something more presentable I might post it here. I'm testing a new way to create historically accurate landscapes . . . seems promising. As far as the forest goes, it's still too tidy. Needs some windfalls and dead trees, more undergrowth.
Last post by Dune - March 23, 2024, 02:07:18 AM
I can't help you here; never had these and I wouldn't know what could be blamed. Must be something in the renderer itself, I'd say, not any setting. Nice trees in the background by the way.
Last post by Doug - March 22, 2024, 09:53:54 PM
it looks like the small icon of an old fashion telephone
someone is trying to call you

the wide shot is a great picture
Terragen Discussion / Pixel gaps in rendering
Last post by sboerner - March 22, 2024, 07:48:09 PM
I run into this from time to time. I'm not sure what to call them -- I've tried various search terms to see if there has been any mention in the forum. Can't find any.

They're not really artifacts, just missing sections that the renderer seems to partially process and then skip over. In this particular instance I restarted Terragen to give it a clean slate, and started the render again. These patches were eliminated but another one appeared in a different part of the rendering.

This has happened before, but rarely. And this is just a still image so easy to fix by rendering the affected sections again, or (quicker) cloning in Photoshop.

Has anyone else run across these? What are they?

Edit: Using the path tracer. I've never seen them with the standard renderer.

Image Sharing / Re: PetroGlyphs
Last post by Dune - March 22, 2024, 02:24:19 AM
Very nice. Ribbled ground is great. I would put the grasses more in patches though, with barren ground in between. They are now pretty evenly spaced.
Image Sharing / Re: PetroGlyphs
Last post by Doug - March 21, 2024, 03:45:55 PM
a new version
Image Sharing / Re: Pacific Island 2024
Last post by pclavett - March 21, 2024, 10:35:29 AM
Lovely all .... but this last twilight one does it the most for me ! Excellent work !
Image Sharing / Re: Serenity
Last post by Dune - March 21, 2024, 10:31:01 AM
Soo much better, Paul. I really like the snow now. Great scene!
Image Sharing / Re: Mudflats
Last post by pclavett - March 21, 2024, 10:30:39 AM
Love the first one best.... probably because of the mud bumps with gorgeous flowers ! Awesome work Ulco !
Image Sharing / Re: Serenity
Last post by pclavett - March 21, 2024, 10:28:33 AM
Hi all ! Well a week later, mountain displacement all redone, snow redone, tried to make a bit of wet shore with more or less success, rock colour adjusted for more variation and lots of test renders..... really takes a lot of time. This will be the final for this view and will work on other viewpoint, with cottage closeups. Thanks for all the help and suggestions and have a great day all !