Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Image Sharing / One Big Rock
« Last post by Rich2 on Today at 07:35:56 PM »
Still playing with Dune's rock face setup...
Image Sharing / Re: Monday's Trip to BobbyWorld
« Last post by Rich2 on Today at 07:25:36 PM »
Aw, heck - nobody has yet, so I will.  Overall, a decent render.  Keep working on your clouds - you may have something going.  Somehow, though I get the feeling a Fake Stones shader was used as a mask for the terrain displacements. 
Image Sharing / Re: Green Landscape
« Last post by Rich2 on Today at 07:21:25 PM »
I have rarely had much success with high altitude camera shots.  This one is quite good for a starter!
Image Sharing / Re: Green Landscape
« Last post by otakar on Today at 06:44:57 PM »
Fantastic - considering this is just a WIP, especially the view into the distance...
Open Discussion / Re: PBR shader setup in TG (was re: Speedtree 8)
« Last post by archonforest on Today at 06:29:26 PM »
Just downloaded a test rock with textures from Quixel. Tried in Blender and it worked okay. Tried in TG and...huh nothing. Can someone tell me to where to plug the albeido texture with what settings? I tried pretty much everything but no luck. Seem I miss something elemental...
File Sharing / Re: Old Style Cooking Campfire by ra3id
« Last post by luvsmuzik on Today at 02:35:19 PM »
Thanks got it! :)
Terragen Discussion / Re: Displacement stretching problem
« Last post by Hetzen on Today at 12:04:43 PM »
Voronoi 3d Cell noise has no edge transitions which the smooth version does. When you have shear displacements on anything in TG it will flicker.

You may have to make the gradient patch size smaller in the Compute Terrain and turn off final normal on your slope constraints in the Surface Layer. Using final normal is not something I like to use on displacements as it will work on anything displaced further down the network, including fake stones. If you do use it, I would use it on texturing or fake stones as one of the last things in the network.
Terragen Support / Re: Questions about 3D effects
« Last post by archonforest on Today at 07:31:11 AM »
It's always good to do a lot of reading. I think I've read every single post since 2009 or so. You always pick up some shards of information that can be useful later. Have to remember it though  :P

This is very correct. I do the same. Reading a lot and bit by bit putting things together thus improving my renders. It is not a fast method but works.
Terragen Support / Re: Questions about 3D effects
« Last post by Dune on Today at 07:22:36 AM »
It's always good to do a lot of reading. I think I've read every single post since 2009 or so. You always pick up some shards of information that can be useful later. Have to remember it though  :P
I had 'Enable maps' turned on. I guess I will have to email him then, thanks for the address.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10